FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA customer service desk in arrivals at T5? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1392254-ba-customer-service-desk-arrivals-t5.html)

saintby Sep 28, 2012 7:49 am

BA customer service desk in arrivals at T5?

Hi guys,

mate was due to fly MAN-LGW on BA2907 today but its cancelled (Yes another LGW cancellation but this time on an A319!) and hes now flying to LHR on BA1399 so he's entitled to a coach voucher to LGW. I assume he goes to BA customer service desk at T5 to get this? Is there one on the arrivals level or does he have to go up to departures? Can anybody describe where it is so i can tell him in advance?

Thanks,

saintby

Genius1 Sep 29, 2012 4:15 pm

There is a BA service desk in the domestic baggage reclaim hall at T5. Alternatively, your friend can go to the service desks in Zone E departures at check-in level once through to landside.

gw76 Sep 29, 2012 4:20 pm

There was a bunch of staff with transfer placards for various cancelled and tight connections at T5 arrivals today, so maybe they'll be there again to help

adrianjc32 Sep 29, 2012 6:53 pm

There were staff at the gate with coach tickets to Gatwick. Also the arrivals desks had vouchers for any customers who slipped through...

cornishsimon Sep 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by adrianjc32 (Post 19408939)
There were staff at the gate with coach tickets to Gatwick. Also the arrivals desks had vouchers for any customers who slipped through...

Thanks for posting this info, im just curious, as im obviously not in the situation myself, but say im booked EDI-LGW with a GEX ticket into London, and and up getting routed to LHR, is the only option to accept the bus voucher or do BA staff have any descretion to offer a HEX voucher to get me into London ?

cs

stifle Sep 30, 2012 2:14 am

Not answering your question, but who uses GEX? It's overpriced and in many cases not even the fastest option.

adrianjc32 Sep 30, 2012 2:51 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon (Post 19409009)
Thanks for posting this info, im just curious, as im obviously not in the situation myself, but say im booked EDI-LGW with a GEX ticket into London, and and up getting routed to LHR, is the only option to accept the bus voucher or do BA staff have any descretion to offer a HEX voucher to get me into London ?

cs

Saldy we don't have HEX vouchers.

saintby Sep 30, 2012 4:05 am

Thanks for your replies. He finally arrived 6 hours late, completely ruining our plans for the evening grrr!!! Manchester ground staff were completely useless he said. The flight was initially delayed 2.5 hours so he went to get a meal voucher to be told "what do you mean? its not delayed, its on time..." even though the BA app was saying it was delayed.