Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 21, 12, 7:57 pm   #1

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, MHC, Amex Plat
What BA Lounge at LHR

I'm laying over 4 hours in LHR and I'm only AA PLAT this year on an entirely BA itinerary (MIA-LHR-IST). I'm traveling with my sister and we'd like to get a shower, what lounge can we use? Also do we do Immigration and customs in LHR or IST or both? How nice is coach on a BA 744, should we self cater?
Georgemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 12, 8:16 pm   #2

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
What BA Lounge at LHR

MIA-LHR will I think be an overnight sector, by all accounts the meal in economy isnt that bad. and as far as I'm aware you can access any of the galleries lounges at LHR which all have showers.

cs
Old Aug 21, 12, 8:21 pm   #3
2014 Secret Santa

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
What BA Lounge at LHR

If on BA arriving T5 then no immigration at LHR just follow the purple connection signs -I arrived T5 and then my IST flight left T5 B/C gates can't remember which. I like the lounge in that side of T5 very quiet and when I've used it empty. I don't know about showers in T5 sorry never used.
BA catering/coach was fine -full flight, I usually get a sandwich/dessert at EAT or PRET for my flights (definitely get food in main T5 terminal, satellite B/C nothing good IMO) as backup on flight.
Philatravelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 12, 8:53 pm   #4

Programs: BAEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgemia View Post
I'm laying over 4 hours in LHR and I'm only AA PLAT this year on an entirely BA itinerary (MIA-LHR-IST). I'm traveling with my sister and we'd like to get a shower, what lounge can we use? Also do we do Immigration and customs in LHR or IST or both? How nice is coach on a BA 744, should we self cater?
The both of you will be able to use and get a shower in either galleries north or south. I personally would head to galleries south as I always find galleries north to be way busier. The lounge you can use at galleries south is the club lounge located on the top floor but the showers are on the floor below located between the entrances of the first class lounge and concorde room.

Been a couple of years since I've done a BA long haul economy flight but the food offered is fine. Saying that it maybe worth self catering just incase you don't like what is offered.

No customs or immigration at T5, just follow purple flight connection signs.
lancefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 12, 8:56 pm   #5
Moderator: Trip Reports

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Miles&More, Marriott, Hyatt,
As an AA Plat (which is Oneworld Sapphire right?) you'll be able to use any of the Galleries Club lounges during your layover. So that's South or North and if your flight leaves from T5B you can use the lounge there too.

The showers are fine, just don't get too scared about the loud sucking noise coming from the drain!
Old Aug 21, 12, 9:43 pm   #6

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, MHC, Amex Plat
Quote:
just don't get too scared about the loud sucking noise coming from the drain!
Better the drain than the wall LOL Thanks all for the quick replies.
Georgemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 12, 12:29 am   #7
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord Mucci des Contes de Voyages, Diamond Hairbrush
You have access to the Galleries Club lounges, but not the Galleries First lounge.
Old Aug 22, 12, 12:41 am   #8

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthandy View Post
The showers are fine, just don't get too scared about the loud sucking noise coming from the drain!
The noise from the showers is all part of the experience. I call it the "shower pig", it makes me feel at home.