Wiki Posts
Search

Best DUB hotel for early AM BA flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Best DUB hotel for early AM BA flight

I've had a good search online for this both on FT and across the web but there seems to be a real firth of info re DUB hotels.

I'll be on the 07:50 BA flight DUB-LHR, does anyone know what is the best placed hotel for accessing BA flights.

I'll be arriving late the night before, so nothing flash is required, basically just a bed and a shower but I'm happy to pay for convenience. Are there any busless hotels at DUB or will everything involve a shuttle?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Radisson Blu at Dublin Airport - 10 minute walk (5 mins to T2, then 5 mins to T1). Stayed there in late November myself - free wifi, comfortable but nothing flash. Clarion is just opposite it (marginally closer I think), but no first hand experience of it

Don't fall for the "Dublin Aiport Hilton" - it's a good 5-10 minutes drive away and no fallback if something goes wrong transport wise.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Nothing in terminal I'm afraid. I like the Radisson Blu. It's comfortable, clean and there's a nice bar. They have a 7/24 shuttle that only takes 5 minutes. Rates are sometimes as low as €72 when booked online direct.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:59 am

Another recommendation for the Radisson Blu. They have a fairly frequent free shuttle (every 15 minutes) to both terminals too.

Not a good idea at this time of day (due to the number of transatlantic departures) but you can actually clear security at T2 for a T1 flight if you have a BP in hand. The Priority Pass lounge in T2 is nicer than the equivalent in T1 (albeit I haven't been into the latter since its recent refurbishment).
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
I've stayed at the Dublin Airport Hilton and it was a decent quality hotel - restaurant was good although a tad on the expensive side. Good free shuttle bus service to/from the airport.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
The Clarion is about opposite the Radisson, prob cheaper but not as nice. The Hilton has a shuttle schedule on its web site somewhere but has a charge of a few euros.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
+1 for the radisson blu

this hotel is the best compromise between closeness and quality. The clarion is closer but quite disappointing and the off-site hotels are often decent but too much hassle to be depending on a scheduled bus ride for the early morning start. The hilton is miles away and while I'd stay there if the flight was late morning, it would necessitate too early a rise (for me at least) in this case
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Bewleys Dublin Airport hotel is good too.

While offsite, it has a good shuttle service to & from the airport.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Thanks all, sounds like I should be looking out for the Radisson Blu!

Will look at the other recommendations too.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed at DUB Hilton many times and never paid more than 50€, shuttle was reliable but breakfast was a bit shoddy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.