Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the WORST lounge you've been in - and why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:39 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by nedved20
Any Admirals Club
^
However, the SFO Admirals Club is a diamond in a big pile of coal!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FrancisA
But in EZE don't they still put the hard booze away during the day and only get it out within two hours of the BA flight to LHR?
First I've heard of that....the BA flight leaves early afternoon anyway.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
The PP lounge at TFS Filthy, no tables cleared , no food or drink displayed had to wait 15 mins for the rude %$@who checked me in to come and get me a small plastic bottle of white wine from the store room , she then informed me there was no ice and only tumblers to drink it from. This was at 2.30 pm and only the 1 staff member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Rewards Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, Tesco Clubcard

Not so much the worst lounge, but very disappointed. The Flounge at BGI. Separate check in building and Yes there were plenty of drinks and snacks, but I couldn't help but feel I was sitting in an office building rather than a lounge. Nice transfer by minibus to the aircraft. This was a few years back, so it could have changed.

Worst recently, back to Italy. Third party lounge at BLQ with nuts, bottled water and warm Chardonnay without the choice of ice.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 1:38 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Worst I have been in was the one BA used at CDG (can't remember the terminal) that BA used in 2/2002 before my flight to LGW. Dark, dank, dingy, no windows, horrible decor, and being CDG a lot of French who disdainfully refused to speak Engligh when they saw my UK passport, bur their English skills improved immeasurably when they found out I was also Australian.

Dave
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
Is that the Montblanc lounge? Small, dark, dingy porta-cabin style? Nice.
Yes, that's the one. So small that CE didn't get access, just Silver and Gold. I've mainly blotted it from my memory, but I seem to remember some appalling coffee and cups that weren't entirely clean.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by dnajockey
All of the "lounges" at BHX, especially the AF one. Grim, with lidl-quality drinks and snacks
The Bling Air lounge is quite nice. The Circusair one is best avoided.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by FrancisA
Of course for the brief period that BA flew to DRS, they had no lounge, giving CE passengers a 20EUR voucher instead that could be spent on duty free. Was that better or worse than LH cubbyhole?
Much, much better. The SEN cubbyhole has a view and some wrapped sandwiches, the Business cubbyhole just leaves you staring at the Gummibearchen bowl. The furniture was recovered from the Stasi office in 1989, so was the lounge warden. The smoking area is the toilets

There's a perfectly nice cafe before security, much better here and it's not like DRS is very busy...
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Who said status is worth having just for lounge access alone?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by aussielori
if we are talking ANY lounge
I think the one in DPS is pretty dreadful it hasnt changed in 24 yrs.

the smallest was in Broome Australia it was 4 chairs and a tiny fridge- but it was air conditioned.( Qantas)
Air condition was the only positive thing about the LIH lounge of Hawaiin Airlines. Rest of LIH is pretty much an open space, so when leaving in the afternoon the humidity can be pretty high.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Not on BA, but the "lounge" at COK is a section of the terminal fenced off with tensa barriers!

Admittedly there is probably not much demand for such a facility at this airport so the fact that they have something at all could be deemed impressive!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:52 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Not the worst lounge on the BA network, but pretty dire, Menzies Executive Lounge at ARN.

I have the misfortune of visiting it at least once a week.

Not quite a lounge, but I do remember spending 3 - 4 hours in the transit bunker at Kabul airport back in 1987.

No seats, nor any other furniture, no food, no water (not strictly true, as the lower half of the bunker was flooded).

The actual terminal building was completely shot to bits, so I'd say that the lounge was a bit 'exposed' and not a safe place to be.

bjorns
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:03 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Not BA-related but the worst lounge I've ever been to at an Asian airport is the Plaza Premium Lounge at the LCCT in KUL. It is truly dire and filled mainly with bogans.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
The absolutely worst lounge was the Clipper lounge at the domestic terminal at CCU. I had the pleasure of using it a couple of months ago through my HSBC credit card which provided me free access.

There was one attendant who controlled access, a few slightly dirty soft chairs, some inedible-looking dried sandwiches, very bitter coffee and some filtered water.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:50 am

I know this thread is asking for the WORST lounge. However, as a general observation to compare QF, BA and AA lounges where I have been to - AA lounges have got to be the worst (meagre on food & drink, no newspapers, no magazines, dark & dingy, cold & unfriendly service). Though I have complained about QF lounges from time to time, but most of their lounges are pretty good (their F lounge in SYD is the best). BA lounges in European countries are mostly shared lounges and very basic (eg PRG, BUD). I think lounges in large airport hubs are well catered for with good amenities, others are not worth going into.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.