Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the WORST lounge you've been in - and why?

What's the WORST lounge you've been in - and why?

Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Another shout for Algiers - no alcohol, few cans of soft drinks, water and coffee. Food consists of a few small stale sandwiches and unidentifiable savoury pastries. Quite small and sometimes not possible to get a seat. Unreliable wifi. No international newspapers / magazines. I'll be there next week but will give it a miss in favour of Ł5 cans of lager from the cafe in the main departures area.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Singapore. But only by comparison with the Qantas lounge next door.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:25 pm

Just come back from Naples and the "VIP" lounge at NAP is just terrible, one of the worst I've been in.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
By far the worst I've been in has been the JAL domestic lounge at NGO, rows of chairs with only the gate board for entertainment, plain walls. no food offering or alcohol.

Obviously this is the best picture they could find of said lounge- reminds me of a travelodge waiting toom and test the chairs are not comfortable at all.

Naturally I'm sure there are worst lounges out there I've yet to discover...
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, BA Silver
Of BA lounges T5 Galleries is the worst. Impersonal, mediocre food, no bar service. Staff from service agents to loo attendants all seem pissed to be there. Obscure magazines. Density over design. US BA Galleries have bar men, waiters that are pleasant, fresh light food. If you're flying Club World ex LHR curry and rice for years. Ex US five mains, custom orders, dessert! Waiters! Ironic but sorry London.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
The Pier F lounge in Hong Kong. The carpet is so thick that it is difficult to drag a pulley bag. Very annoying.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
Originally Posted by Nuster
The Pier F lounge in Hong Kong. The carpet is so thick that it is difficult to drag a pulley bag. Very annoying.
Here Here .... and it is impossible to move a 4 wheeler, the cocktail menu is way too long to get through in a one hour stay and the staff are too friendly, for a moment you could think it was how first class travel should be.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, BA oik, TK pleb, EY Hoi Polloi
Port Lounge in Pune, India (PNQ).

It was the sort of place that you go to and wonder if your vaccinations are up to date. Tiny, utterly filthy, a single table with vegetarian sandwiches that looked like they had been prepared some 72 hours before, plus some sort of liquid in a stainless steel bucket. Couldn't work out if it was supposed to be tea or a breakfast sambar soup, not that you'd even want to try it. Drinking glasses were dirty, no natural light, tables that hadn't been cleared from the night before (despite staff standing around) and no alcohol served. Oh, and not forgetting the mosquitos. I stayed 5 minutes, drank a (warm)coke from the can and left for the much nicer terminal seating area. The main terminal passenger toilets were a nicer place.

Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Nuster
Originally Posted by IThink
Here Here .... and it is impossible to move a 4 wheeler, the cocktail menu is way too long to get through in a one hour stay and the staff are too friendly, for a moment you could think it was how first class travel should be.
I agree. Terrible place, no one should ever set foot in there.

Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by navylad
By far the worst I've been in has been the JAL domestic lounge at NGO, rows of chairs with only the gate board for entertainment, plain walls. no food offering or alcohol.

Obviously this is the best picture they could find of said lounge- reminds me of a travelodge waiting toom and test the chairs are not comfortable at all.

Naturally I'm sure there are worst lounges out there I've yet to discover...
Wow, I thought the domestic lounge in ITM and HND was bad but at least they had some snacks and Beer at least!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.