Search

Sun Air of Scandinavia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:26 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Sun Air of Scandinavia

Booked a trip on Sun Air for end of September, via ba.com, and my ba-booking confirmation contain information about the terraces lounge in MAN and the lounge in BLL. I don't hold any status on BA Executive/Avios/OW, so I'm slightly confused. My booking class is "Traveller".

Is it that all pax on Sun Air flights have lounge access, or why would the lounges be pointed out to me in my booking confirmation?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You don't get lounge access, I'm afraid. However, if you gain status in the meantime, your booking confirmation contains handy information for locating the lounges.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
You don't get lounge access, I'm afraid. However, if you gain status in the meantime, your booking confirmation contains handy information for locating the lounges.

Maybe
What booking class has your Y flight booked into OP ?

cs
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:13 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
As CS says, some booking classes do qualify for lounge access in spite of it being all economy. Sun Air is in my experience, although all Y very good. I found the food and service very good between LCY and BLL. I know that Y class definitely qualifies and some of the other flexible classes do too.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:58 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Thanks all - Sun Air confirmed by email (very quick and efficient service, but then maybe no surprise given the size of their operation) that my particular booking would not qualify - so no general access to lounge. However, in BLL lounge access can be bought for around Ł15 walk-up. I'll have some spare hours there, but will head into Legoland instead
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Its a nice lounge

I love sun air
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Sorry for resurrecting such an old topic. I'm planning to fly OSL-AAL-AAR-BMA on Sun-Air. I am OWS. Will I have lounge access in all departure airports?

The OW website is down at the moment. Would not imagine it being useful though.

Sun-Air is an affiliate of BA and my ticket would be AY coded, since I'm purchasing HEL-OSL-AAL-AAR-BMA-HEL, all on one ticket.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Alec84
Sorry for resurrecting such an old topic. I'm planning to fly OSL-AAL-AAR-BMA on Sun-Air. I am OWS. Will I have lounge access in all departure airports?

The OW website is down at the moment. Would not imagine it being useful though.

Sun-Air is an affiliate of BA and my ticket would be AY coded, since I'm purchasing HEL-OSL-AAL-AAR-BMA-HEL, all on one ticket.
All those airports have a BA contracted lounge. Here are the AAL & AAR lounges:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19756452-post10.html
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes you have lounge access in OSL, AAR and AAL: AAR is a corker!

More details in the Forum Dashboard, under Europe Lounges. See post 362 and 363 for CWS' mini guide to AAL and AAR respectively. Note the access process for AAR.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Thank you guys! My "layover" in AAL would actually be only 20min (same plane), but OSL is 6h, so it's important to know that I won't have to spend money on eating and drinking there

Was the "corker" comment sarcasm or don't I understand the word correctly? :-D

The lounge seems to be very basic.

Last edited by Alec84; Apr 28, 2017 at 8:35 am
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA silver,
Originally Posted by dc2447
Its a nice lounge

I love sun air
Me too
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Alec84
Was the "corker" comment sarcasm or don't I understand the word correctly? :-D

The lounge seems to be very basic.
Oh if you spend a big chunk of your life in a lounge then Aarhus will make you laugh. Particularly the Speedmarques built into the eaves. After the demise of Le Club in Angers (a refurbished broom cupboard) it's probably the smallest BA branded lounge in the network. But yes, the offering is as basic as it gets.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
On the subject of SUN-AIR of Scandinavia (EZ), as I believe it is officially called, are there any recent experiences among you out there? I have a booking in a few weeks for DUS-BLL-DUS, because I am going to explore the West coast of Denmark with its lovely fishing villages and a newly created (I think) national park towards the North.

Is SUN-AIR as good as it always was, or has it joined the endless slide downhill of its parent company? Is catering still included as part of the ticket? I have been wanting to try SUN-AIR for a long time.

I tried looking for Avios redemption possibilities on their internal Scandinavian flights, but the system responded by saying that the route in question was not served. There are a few onward flights out of Billund which seem potentially interesting. Lastly, do those unusual routes (such as HUY to AAL) still exist?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Sun Air doesn't have a parent company. it's owned by Niels Sundberg
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So why is "British Airways" painted all over their aircraft? It's quite hard to find a SUN-AIR logo anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.