Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One World at LHR T1

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

One World at LHR T1

When will the ex bmi lounges at T1 become available to One World passengers?

Also will there be hard or soft changes make theme more like them more like the T5 and T3 BA lounges
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
1st part - I think they are now. I am travelling to Belfast on BMI on Friday night and am hoping / expecting to be using the London Lounge with my BAEC status.

2nd part - good question. Presumably this will be part of the grand integration and presumably too there may be terminal changes for routes too.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The two bmi lounges are not oneworld lounges yet - they are just joint BA/BD lounges. When the integration is complete I guess they will become oneworld lounges.

As to longer term changes - I don't think BA want to remain in T1 long term, so I doubt there would be significant investment to the two BD lounges.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Interesting indeed.
T1 isn't in the long term plan as stated I would have thought. Hence, I think that as soon as they can BA will start to move things out of T1. Also it is now messy having flights scattered over 3 terminals, Much like the old T1/T4 and then Miami from T3.
I think that the lounge at T3 might not be that easy to expand. I suppose they could build another lounge and then say move the Flounge thereby expanding the J lounge. The other would be with a lot more flights would a CCR in T3 be required which would be nice and consistent for LHR.....

FD.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
1st part - I think they are now. I am travelling to Belfast on BMI on Friday night and am hoping / expecting to be using the London Lounge with my BAEC status.
I can confirm you can get in using BAEC status, though bring your BAEC card, first time I was ever asked for one, and I misplaced mine. Luckily he only wanted the membership number and I could recite that.

I know my own BA membership number, but not my mobile phone number.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Genius1
The two bmi lounges are not oneworld lounges yet - they are just joint BA/BD lounges. When the integration is complete I guess they will become oneworld lounges.

As to longer term changes - I don't think BA want to remain in T1 long term, so I doubt there would be significant investment to the two BD lounges.
I thought I read that the OW lozenges have appeared on both bmi lounges in T1?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
I thought I read that the OW lozenges have appeared on both bmi lounges in T1?
I think (and this is pure speculation on my part I don't 'know' this) that you will be able to access the T1 lounges with Oneworld status when you fly on a flight which has been 'switched' to British Airways (see list here: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.