Status from AA, Credit BA

Old May 20, 2012, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Status from AA, Credit BA

A recent-ish convert to Oneworld with a question.

I have Exp status on AA but I have a BA booking that I want to credit to my Executive Club account. The reservation currently shows my Executive Club (non-status) number. Can I get Oneworld status recognition in this case? On UA there used to be a way to give 2 FFP numbers: one for program credit, one for status. Not sure if this is possible here. Looking for lounge access etc.
Old May 20, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Lounge access shouldn't be a problem with your EXP card in hand. Seat pre-selection is more tricky but I'd suggest a call to BA on that might be worthwhile.
Old May 20, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Lounge access shouldn't be a problem with your EXP card in hand. Seat pre-selection is more tricky but I'd suggest a call to BA on that might be worthwhile.
If that doesn't work you can always put in your AA number now to get all the benefits (early check-in, lounge access, etc.) and then have the agents put in your AA number at the gate.
Old May 20, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
And I believe there is a way to do something similar by using the Finnair website for your booking. I've never tried it but the details are included in the thread "Comp CX Gold (OW sapphire) with AMEX Platinum" in the BA forum. Hopefully the link below should take you to the spot in the tread where this is first discussed:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post16850181

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.