Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by jedikiah
Looks very much like the e-mail I received in July after going through the same 'early' downgrade, although from silver to bronze in my case. The benefit though of this error is that the status match then lasts for nearly another two years as it operates as if you have only just gone up the tier, ie for the rest of your current membership year, plus the next. So kind of a bonus in the end.
So do they reset your year? Do they count TPs made in the "no-man's land" period between your old membership finishing and your new one starting?

I only ask because I have 4 very expensive, booked 24 hours before take off long haul segments on QR coming up today and next week... If the TPs don't count, then I could have saved 600 and gone EY with flat beds instead...
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:00 pm

It operates in the same manner as the original match should have, ie rest of current membership year +12 months. The year itself therefore doesn't change. I wouldn't count on this though until you have the card in your hand.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by so3003
In saying that they were switched on, it's now over a month since I was assured I still had a further year of Gold and as of 10 seconds ago I remain Silver on the website
Grrrrrr.... Same here. I can't spend my whole life chasing BA - this is really quite boring

Now showing online as Silver, despite chaser email, and I have flights on Friday. If I can't get into the FLounge on Friday, there will be words...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
Hi Guys

I need your help. My membership year ended 08 Sep 13. My goldstatus dropped to silver on 31. Oct.

I made the BMI statusmatch last year on 27. Sep 12. i tought that I will get Gold till the end of my membership year 08 Sep 13 + the whole next year til 08 Sep 14...

I just called the EC hotline to talk about this but they told me that it is right that i dropped to silver because the card expiry date is 31. Oct and my Goldcard was valid for more than 1 Year. I insisted that the membership year has to be taken not the card expiry and asked for a supervisor to talk to. The woman at the hotline refused to do so because she sees no reason for this... She said that I can send a letter but she is 100% sure that I have no reason to ask again for a free year of gold!

Is she right? Do I had to wait till the end of card expiry not the end of membership year do do the match?
If not who can i write to review this?

Issue solved with NICCI within 3 days.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by jedikiah
It operates in the same manner as the original match should have, ie rest of current membership year +12 months. The year itself therefore doesn't change. I wouldn't count on this though until you have the card in your hand.
Well, I didn't get the extra year (lucky you!), but sorted after a phone call and a day-and-a-half wait. Phew!

Let's see what delights the FLounge has in store for me tonight...
Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Following the closure of the FT bmi Diamond Club forum on 31 Dec 2013, this thread may now be followed in the British Airways Executive Club forum.

/mod

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.