Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:13 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by BucksFlyer
After a second email to Customer Services again quoting BA's own website I got an email at 2am in morning letting me know I was upgraded back again to Gold.
Seems this had to be done manually.
Perhaps quoting BA own Q&A on BMI status match cut through the confusion & delay on this
Has your status actually updated online yet?

That's been the sticking point for me.
Resolved within 48 hours of raising with Nicci (BA Executive Club).
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Hi all,

Up until last week my BAEC account showed me as being gold until 8 June 2013 (despite my having waited until 9 June 2012 to status match from bmi). Today I was pleasantly surprised to see that my gold status has been extended to 8 June 2014 without my having to make any effort to contact Nicci etc.

I could get used to service like this!
Old Jun 21, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Hi all,

Up until last week my BAEC account showed me as being gold until 8 June 2013 (despite my having waited until 9 June 2012 to status match from bmi). Today I was pleasantly surprised to see that my gold status has been extended to 8 June 2014 without my having to make any effort to contact Nicci etc.

I could get used to service like this!
Don't be too hasty, you need to check. Just because your account looks like you're still Gold doesn't mean you are. Remember, you're still actually Gold until 31 July 2013 (your card expiry date). If you go to...

Manage my Account > Order Executive Club items

and see this entry...

Downgrade to Exec Silver

....then you've been downgraded.

This has just happened to me. My year end is also 08 June and I was also one of those who mistakenly only got given one year rather than the two we should have got. Despite assurances last year from BAEC that it would rollover automatically this year, my cynical self never believed it would; and sure enough it didn't.

Oh well, one more thing to add to my 'Annoying s..t to fix' list
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: BD Gold, BA Gold, A3 Gold,FB Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Desperate Dan Pie-Eater's Club
I had the same thing with only getting 1 year initially.
(Discussed way back up the thread!)

Checked my account last week and saw the worrying "Downgrade to Silver" pack being dispatched.

However after I got in contact with the Exec Club (thanks Nicci ^) it looks like they've managed to sort it. Very happy!

On another (sadder) note. I've just realised I've not been on the BMI forum for ages. I mostly only read anyway but I used to be on here all the time.
Times move on I guess.
Ho hum
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:08 am

Mine has supposed to have been sorted out by the Exec Club CS, but there is no indication online yet. Uriah Heap seemed to have been employed to script the apology.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
Originally Posted by Steady-EDI
Advised today that once the downgrade process has been set in motion, it cannot be stopped. However I'm to be returned to Gold status within 3 working days of my card expiry date (and downgrade process completion date), 30 June.
And it happened!

Happy days!
Old Jul 4, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Don't be too hasty, you need to check. Just because your account looks like you're still Gold doesn't mean you are. Remember, you're still actually Gold until 31 July 2013 (your card expiry date). If you go to...

Manage my Account > Order Executive Club items

and see this entry...

Downgrade to Exec Silver

....then you've been downgraded.

This has just happened to me. My year end is also 08 June and I was also one of those who mistakenly only got given one year rather than the two we should have got. Despite assurances last year from BAEC that it would rollover automatically this year, my cynical self never believed it would; and sure enough it didn't.

Oh well, one more thing to add to my 'Annoying s..t to fix' list
You were right - I "counted my chickens before they hatched".

With luck I will only miss one or two visits to an AA Flagship Lounge before this gets fixed...
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:01 am

Anyone else with a 8th July year end get downgraded incorrectly?
I did have confirmation 3 times that it would all be resolved and status would stay showing as Gold 1st September (after card expiring) but I am now showing as silver
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Yup, same problem here! Was told verbally this wouldn't happen when I called them last month, but it has.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
As normal, I believe another call will be required. Always remember whose IT it merged with
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:00 pm

As it transpires, their system isn't allowing the correction to take place...so its more like a waiting game.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine was June, weirdly no issues.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:56 pm

Was yours one of the ones that had the correct end date to start with or one that was it incorrectly set for only 11 months in the first case?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
I had the wrong end date set at the time of the match. Called BA in July and was told it would roll over with no problems. Then I received a bronze card in the post... PMed Nicci on here and was told that I'd be re-upgraded. Still nothing on my 'ordered items' bit. May consider giving them a ring again soon.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:04 pm

I was told that there is a chap in BAEC specially dealing with this issue but that at the moment, even if he updates a member's account to fix the, the IT system reverts the TP's back to what they were (zero).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.