Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by jbfield
How did you manage to get it all the way to 2015? I feel I've missed something!
I think everyone matching to A3 recently has got until 2015 ^
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:11 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Hope I'm not too late then!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
So did anyone have luck with extending their status with BAEC? I have applied at the end of September, chased them 2 weeks after, got "will be actioned in 21 days" response. Send a response to that message with a couple more questions, never heard back. Meanwhile 21 days have passed from both application and their response and nothing has changed.
I have probably got spoilt with M&M HON line (normally answering within 2-3 hours and resolving issues almost instantly). Shall I wait a bit longer and let BA do their magic in a due course without pestering them with my questions?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
reporting my experience of bmi -> BA status match.
Bad news:
1. Although I have requested my match in September they did not reset my membership year to October 8 as I have hoped;
2. All TPs earned between November 8 last year and October 8 this year have been reset to 0 (a total of 1 500-ish)
3. All my TPs earned between October 8 and November 8 (which I have hoped to haved rolled over into the next memebersgip year; a total of 700) have been reset too.
Good news:
1. They have extended my Gold membership year for another 12 months. Although I would have done it without the match, still very nice of them;
2. 280 TPs I have earned between November 9 and today have not been reset (yet?).

So all in all bmi match proved to be useless for me. But BA has so far been more generous than I have expected it to be by saving me my precious 280 TPs on the flights taken on the first day of my new membership year.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Just a hint for those who are still about to do their status match to BA Executive Club. I've had two types of issue - letting everyone on FT know in case this can help you avoid the same problems.

I requested status match earlier in August - promptly as following advice on FT to get the full 2 years of status match.

By late September I had heard nothing. This was well over the 28 days turnaround which was brought in. I raised a second request.

No one advised me of anything. In late October I went onto the BA website and saw that I had been status matched to Gold.

As yesterday I still have not received my Gold card and information pack in the post. So I phoned the Gold Line of BA Exec. They said that as my status is "no mail" (i.e. I have asked them not to send me marketing via snail mail) then they could not see if they had sent the card. As it was now over 28 days since I was matched they said they would raise "another" request to send me a card.

Luckily we do not have problems with our post. I am absolutely certain that my new BA card was never sent. I'm pretty sure that if you are set up in no mail status, BA is not going to send you a card. Ever. I mentioned to the Gold Line that no mail means no marketing communications by post and of course everyone wants to receive their card by post even if they have selected the no mail option. I was very unsure if my request will be acted on for this to be checked to ensure people do get their cards even if they have chosen the no mail option many years ago like me!

My advice is to chase up your status match immediately if it does not happen within 28 days and not assume it will work. I also advise you to proactively phone as soon as you are matched and ensure a card will be sent to you.

As my card may still be another 28 days according to the Exec Club, this means I will have lost 5 months of having my Gold card available so I'm leaving my existing flights on Star Alliance via Brussels. I'll book new flights on BA via London as and when my card arrives.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
So have got bored after 3 failed matches (I'm already gold but just looking for a year extension). How does one chase BA on the status match, email, phone, Nikki? Would appreciate the details if there is an email (my preference?) as I couldn't see immediately above.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:54 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
My first request was lost in the system somewhere, so I re-applied and simultaneously sent Nicci a PM asking for help because I had some BA flights booked. Two days later the match went through. She's got power that girl
Old Nov 19, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
As my BD membership expires in January 2013 I was going to open a BA account on 9 December 2012 and status match on 10 December 2012. Any negatives anyone can think of? I assume that technically one could match on December 31 as it's the request date that matters.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Stormbel
As my BD membership expires in January 2013 I was going to open a BA account on 9 December 2012 and status match on 10 December 2012. Any negatives anyone can think of? I assume that technically one could match on December 31 as it's the request date that matters.
If you open a BA account now, your card status will be till Dec 2015.
If you open it in Dec, your status might be till Jan 2016.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:49 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If you open a BA account now, your card status will be till Dec 2015.
If you open it in Dec, your status might be till Jan 2016.
This may be a little optimistic

Opening an account today will lead to a year end of December 2013. The match would therefore be to end of current year (December 2013) plus a year (December 2014). The card will extend a month beyond that.

Obviously opening an account in December will only push everything back a month.

This is certainly working properly now - I've opened a BAEC account within the past couple of months purely to be able to do the match, and my card expiry reflects the policy we understood to be happening.

If you want three years of Goldness, try A3
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
My Gold Status with BMI ends July 2013 (card expires 09/13).

Is there any feedback or consensus of the latest likely date when a status request for BA Gold can be made?

I do not currently have any BA card, as have never flown One World.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:02 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by Club_IC
Is there any feedback or consensus of the latest likely date when a status request for BA Gold can be made?
Yes, BA has definitively said in several communications that the match is available until 31st December.

You should open an account on 9th December (or later, up to 31st) and then apply for the match.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Yes, BA has definitively said in several communications that the match is available until 31st December.
As confirmed in the official FAQ.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Got my shiny BA Silver card today with 2 shiny luggage tags after about 5 weeks of waiting. Card expires 11/14.

Diamond Club is really just a wonderful memory now
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond
Any way to check my DC status online before requesting a match? Not sure if I've been downgraded or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.