Eurostar and Avios on ba.com

Subscribe
I am a BA Chase cardholder and I received in the mail today a booklet about "2012 Benefits and Privileges" It states: "Spend Avios in new ways with expanded redemption options - Turn you Avios into a world of adventure - including..... Eurostar......

I looked on ba.com after logging in to check it out and could not find where to do it. Did I miss it somewhere or is the website lagging behind the announcement?
you have to call avios to book this it's not available online
More info here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-eurostar.html
Quote: you have to call avios to book this it's not available online
I took a look at avios.com and on the join page it states: "To collect Avios and join the scheme, you need an address in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands."

I am in the US. It is not clear how to go about this.
Quote: I took a look at avios.com and on the join page it states: "To collect Avios and join the scheme, you need an address in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands."

I am in the US. It is not clear how to go about this.
Go to www.ba.com and join the British Airways Executive Club.

www.avios.com is the home of the former UK "AirMiles" scheme - although the "currency" is now shared with BA, it's a separate scheme, and these memberships are only available to UK residents. But BAEC membership is open to most nationalities and you can collect Avios with BA and their partners.
[QUOTE=irishguy28;18430904]Go to www.ba.com and join the British Airways Executive Club.

As a BA Chase cardholder I am already a member of BAEC with miles to spend. I received a mailing saying Avios could be used for Eurostar, but doesn't say how to do it.

Not a big deal at the moment. Maybe the program will get updated soon.
Quote: As a BA Chase cardholder I am already a member of BAEC with miles to spend. I received a mailing saying Avios could be used for Eurostar, but doesn't say how to do it.

Not a big deal at the moment. Maybe the program will get updated soon.
As was stated earlier in this thread, to make bookings on the Eurostar, you must ring the Executive Club. These can not be booked online.
Quote: As was stated earlier in this thread, to make bookings on the Eurostar, you must ring the Executive Club. These can not be booked online.
The people on the phone stated just now in no uncertain terms that it is not possible for account holders in the US.