Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 1, 12, 7:07 am   #1

Cannot check in online

I have tried five or six times to check in online for my flight, which is now about 20 hours away. I keep getting this message: "Sorry, we are unable to offer you Online Check-in for this flight at present." Is the system down?
rapariga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 7:17 am   #2

Programs: BAEC Gold; IC RA
Maybe oversold
IThink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 7:27 am   #3

Location: CAI, Egypt [work] & Somerset/Dorset borders, England [home]. Banished by BA from LHR T5 to T1, so I've defected to QR at T4
Programs: Gold [BA & EY] | ex-Gold [UA & CO] | HH Diamond | all-time Mucci champion [14] | FT ASBO [1]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapariga View Post

I keep getting this message: "Sorry, we are unable to offer you Online Check-in for this flight at present." Is the system down?
Perform an FT search for OLCI (on-line check-in) in the thread title, select British Airways, and take your pick from 500 search results! In other words, this must be the most-asked question ever on this forum.
Phil the Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 10:15 am   #4

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapariga View Post
I have tried five or six times to check in online for my flight, which is now about 20 hours away. I keep getting this message: "Sorry, we are unable to offer you Online Check-in for this flight at present." Is the system down?
Somtimes there can be a glitcxh in the system where your booking has not been ticketed, try giving the service center a call.

I had a booking fixed last week where it wasnt showing in MMB, and when I called it was for 'technical reasons', i didnt dare enquire !
spbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 10:18 am   #5
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
Perform an FT search for OLCI (on-line check-in) in the thread title, select British Airways, and take your pick from 500 search results! In other words, this must be the most-asked question ever on this forum.
What?, more than, "why are the taxes so high?" and "Why are the free flights not free?"

I don't believe you!
PanGalactic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 11:20 am   #6

Programs: BA Gold member
You never know you may have been lucky and got an Op Up!! Last three or four times this has happened to me Ive arrived at the airport and been given a boarding card in an upgraded cabin!
danboy767 is offline   Reply With Quote