Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios Finder 1.1 (New Version) [for UK/US members]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE 1.2 please see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-members.html

Avios Finder 1.1 (New Version) [for UK and US members]

This is an updated version of an "extension" to Google's Chrome browser which will give you a notification when you land on a website where there is a potential to earn Avios points.

This should help you avoid missing out on earning extra Avios on purchases you were about to make without going through an eStore.

To install it, simply download the file from here and click on it to install.

If you had Avios Finder 1.0 installed, you will need to click on the little spanner, preferences, then extensions and remove the previous version.

When you install Avios Finder for the first time, you may get a warning that it has access to your browsing data, however please be assured it does not send the data to me, or anywhere else. Your privacy is not affected!

After it is installed, you will need to tell it which eStore(s) you would like to use by right clicking on the Avios Finder icon on your browser and selecting options. Or it won't do anything!!!

When you land on a site where you can earn Avios, a little popup notification will appear in the top right of the screen.

You should then log in to the relevant eStore and make your purchase through there.

Alternatively, you can (left) click on the Avios Finder icon and it will provide you with a direct link to the "Shop Now" button for that retailer on the eStore you select.

If the retailer is available on more than 1 eStore you will be provided with links to their page on each eStore when you click on the Avios Finder icon.

Please note, there is no need to be logged in to the eStore(s) in order for Avios Finder to work, however the links on Avios Finder will only work if you have already logged into the site and clicked on the "Shop Now" button to enter the eStore.
Just logging into ba.com or avios.com is not enough, you need to click on "Shop now" in order to get the eStore cookie for the links to work properly.

The retailers for each eStore are up to date as of 26/03/2012 and hard coded into the extension so currently it will not work for sites added since then.

In the near future we hope to add further capability to this extension so that will do a daily check against a server to see if any retailers have been added or removed from each eStore, or if earnings have changed then update itself accordingly.
This should mean that you will never need to download another version and it will always be up to date with the latest retailers and earnings.

We also plan to add other eStores, including Shell, BMI, Virgin, Continental Airlines and others. (We will obviously need to think of a new name at that point too )

If you know of any other eStores you would like to see added please let us know and we will do our best to add them to the next version.

Many thanks go to my long time friend and fellow FT'er since 2006 although he has never posted, azymux who helped with the programming of this updated version of Avios Finder.

As always, use at your own risk, we are not responsible if your computer turns into a scary monster and tries to eat you.

Please post your Avios Finder success stories here!

Also, If you would like to be kept informed of future developments please "friend" me.

Enjoy!

Click Here to download

Last edited by PanGalactic; Apr 22, 2012 at 8:48 pm Reason: changed image
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
I'm afraid it doesn't work for me on OSx

Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by dc2447
I'm afraid it doesn't work for me on OSx

That seems to be a slight bug when you have installed it for the first time, click on save settings, then close the options page and go back to it again and the options should appear.

Sorry about that!

Another known bug is that when you browse to another site which doesn't have Avios and you click on the Avios icon, it still shows the links for the last page you browsed to which did have Avios.

Last edited by PanGalactic; Mar 27, 2012 at 5:01 am Reason: added image
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Just a quick bump incase some folks didn't see this earlier!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I can't use it as my account isn't UK based.

Thanks for putting in the effort anyway. ^
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I can't use it as my account isn't UK based.

Thanks for putting in the effort anyway. ^
It's an honour and a pleasure

Is the US eStore is an option for you?

Do they ship to Argentina?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
I propose an extension to your Muccihood - excellent work
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
I propose an extension to your Muccihood - excellent work
Glad you like it

I have big plans for this in the future! Stay tuned!

There are so many points and miles earning opportunities out there, so many airlines, so little time

[DREAM]Maybe one day I'll quit my day job and do points and miles for a living[/DREAM]
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
[DREAM]Maybe one day I'll quit my day job and do points and miles for a living[/DREAM]
Isn't that what Raffles does?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Isn't that what Raffles does?
Lol, seems like it doesn't it! Though I don't think I'm that far behind.

Honestly I probably spend 50% of my time on the computer working and the other 50% hunting points of one kind or another
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

51 download of the new version so far!

Although why people are still downloading the old version too I don't know!!!!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Lol, seems like it doesn't it! Though I don't think I'm that far behind.

Honestly I probably spend 50% of my time on the computer working and the other 50% hunting points of one kind or another
Well - the UK is missing a miles blog - seem to be lots in US, but none here... Just how to make money from them....
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Thank you for doing this I have found it a great reminder.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Thanks - this is very useful!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noniron
Thank you for doing this I have found it a great reminder.
No problem, don't forget to "friend" me and I'll keep you informed of future developments

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.