Wiki Posts
Search

Post your BA Food Pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: BA/EC Silver

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63321279@N02/5761840422/

Best CE meal I ever had... MXP-LHR

Last edited by VolcanoMan; Mar 24, 2012 at 9:43 am Reason: [still] trying to get the image to work... me FAIL!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by VolcanoMan

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/...N02/5761840422

Best CE meal I ever had... MXP-LHR
Was that "Hot Smoked Salmon"? It's lovely.

As for how to link the photo from flickr instructions: http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#2265887
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: BA/EC Silver
I believe it was, LTN Phobia, and it was excellent. I wish there were more of this type of quality meals for some of the slightly shorter trips - I guess MXP-LHR falls into the next band up compared to my regular Zurich-London trip... 'tis a shame for sure!!!

And thanks for the info on linking images but unfortunately no luck... either I am being an idiot (likely) or something doesn't cut and paste properly... oh, well.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by VolcanoMan
I believe it was, LTN Phobia, and it was excellent. I wish there were more of this type of quality meals for some of the slightly shorter trips - I guess MXP-LHR falls into the next band up compared to my regular Zurich-London trip... 'tis a shame for sure!!!

And thanks for the info on linking images but unfortunately no luck... either I am being an idiot (likely) or something doesn't cut and paste properly... oh, well.
Yes your right, your Zurich flight is a band 2 for catering, so it's a cold meal in Club and just snacks in E/T whereas your MXP flight is a band 3A for catering which gets a hot meal in Club but still just snacks in E/T.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:25 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by badoc
This is indeed true but more pertinent to poultry, which dries out as it cooks. For red meat the resting part is to allow the meat fibres/proteins to recover from 'heat shock' which renders them more chewy.

If a decent cut of meat has been hung for 28 days (sounds vile I know but they do keep it cool!) then the natural breakdown processes occur, albeit in a slow and controlled fashion. This tenderises the meat but also allows the 'juices' to become incorporated into the fibres - and not leak out during cooking. It needs about 14 days at least but the longer the meat is hung, the tastier (goes a bit more gamey if you like) and more tender it is. The meat loses water during this time and so the steak size will reduce, hence your 8oz fillet will cost a great deal more since it has carefully been stored for a month and of course, used to weigh more.
The things you discover on the BA board!

Dave
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by thadocta
The things you discover on the BA board!
The great advantage of this board is the breadth, and depth, of the experience and knowledge of its members.

I used to hang Hare for many days [dependent on temperature, and weather generally]. Anything from 3-8, but when the stomach flaps [subsequently discarded] started to turn a bit green, it was time to fillet the wee thing and start cooking/freezing. Anything earlier just left you with tough meat.

Pheasant … in winter about 6 days, much less in warmer weather.
Partridge … about half a pheasant. They dry out terribly.
Rabbit … 2 days max, basically "go for it".
Pigeon … skin [forget plucking], fillet and cook/freeze. Why wait?

Elephant … leave it to your Bearer. He knows what to do
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by T8191

Looks like half-digested stomach contents
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:02 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by dubbin
The non-blood stuff in steaks is myoglobin, suspended in 'tissue fluid'. it stores oxygen in muscle and is red when oxygenated, like its cousin haemoglobin.

Do I get tier points for this comment?
no, because it had occurred to me in the past that the pink sausage episode could have been a reaction of myoglobin and seasonings such as onion powder which produces pink colours in cominuted meats, more common in cornish pasties but still a possibility.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:14 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Looks like half-digested stomach contents

is that a piece of haddock wrapped around the top of the dish?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by marbles dad
is that a piece of haddock wrapped around the top of the dish?
BA's interpretation of naan bread, actually

It looked revolting, and the presentation was fairly messy, but it tasted OK.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Enjoyable thread.

I have far too many pics of BA food to post, so I will refer to where they have been previously posted; The Genius1 Trip Report Archive

Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Breakfast yesterday in the F lounge T3

Last edited by tuff; Apr 7, 2012 at 9:58 am
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Definitely not....it had size 7 Made in Australia stamped on it.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Here some LCY-JFK menus and pictures, and just the menu from JFK-LCY (cabin was too dark for photos)

No broad bean starter left, and I don't like duck so no starter.

Salad (note unbranded salt and pepper sachets - I expect a lot go in the bin, a pepper-mill per cabin instead would be nice?)

Beetroot pan haggerty - delicious:

Blackcurrant fool & cheese (oink):

Tea time sandwiches and goats cheese salad (scones out of shot - oink oink)

Return leg menu (the guy over the aisle from me had the cheese, looked nice):

Birchermuseli was great, smoothie had separated into thick gloop and water but was tasty after a wiggle. Main hot breakfast was good, except the scrambled egg was odd - why do they put that on? it's never going to work cook-chill. Sorry for lack of pictures, the cabin lights were still down and I couldn't use the flash as people were sleeping.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
This is the lovely steak I had on the way to ORD the other month

As you can see it looks lovely and tender and wasn't completely ineddible at all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.