Wiki Posts
Search

Has this happened to you at BA or OW ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Has this happened to you at BA or OW ?

This is a very interesting post from a blogger.

Somewhat more disturbing thing happened to me at BOM .

Had F (2) confirmation in hand, denied F BP "all checked in ", given CW, denied access to F lounge as "there were only 16 seats avilable !"

Informed senior GA that upon reaching destination will look for redress as a IVDB X 2.

Magically, at the aircraft door said GA appeared and gave us our F seats ! OOther pax on board said there were two "pseudo VIPs in the lounge but not in F anymore!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...#comment-17142
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The blog entry relates to a discrepancy between oneworld's latest verbage on lounge access rules and BA's present rules. Point made, end of mini drama, cue closing credits
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GGL
The blog post's title appears to be misrepresenting its content. In the quoted conversation with the lounge dragons, "Agent 1" says specifically that the *lounge* is not part of OW, nothing about BA not being a part of OW.

As far as I can tell, this is exactly true - it's a BA lounge, not a OW lounge - which means his printout of the rules for OW lounges is entirely irrelevant.

This lounge is also discussed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...efits-bom.html
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by HMPS
Blogs are great. When one runs out of personal experiences about which to complain, the interwebthingy can provide an endless source of proxy complaints.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Blogs are great. When one runs out of personal experiences about which to complain, the interwebthingy can provide an endless source of proxy complaints.
^

I stay well away from Blogs....even my own.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Originally Posted by Globaliser
beautifully put ^
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:55 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by JonV
The blog post's title appears to be misrepresenting its content. In the quoted conversation with the lounge dragons, "Agent 1" says specifically that the *lounge* is not part of OW, nothing about BA not being a part of OW.

As far as I can tell, this is exactly true - it's a BA lounge, not a OW lounge - which means his printout of the rules for OW lounges is entirely irrelevant.

This lounge is also discussed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...efits-bom.html
Considering I wrote the post and I went about with the experience, let me clarify. The Agent was pretty clued out about the policy, and that is why her stance was shifting every second. As for the difference between their policy and that of oneworld, my point is that BA is a oneworld member and they need to honour oneworld benefits. There are a handful of OW lounges as you refer to globally. everywhere else, like you'd as well know, lounges work on the barter system where the airlines will allow each other's pax into their lounges and then net off payments if any at a certain frequency. the policy this lounge agent threw in my face was as of 2007, and definitely not factoring in the 2011 changes.

Anyways, since 2 days later I was at waterside, I brought it up with BA management and they are looking into the discrepency. the first step of resolving a problem is to admit that there is one, and I think BA and me are on the same page in this regard
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

A2A, you'll be comforted to know the sloppy verbage on the oneworld website has since been corrected so the rules are now documented in line with those stated by individual oneworld carriers.

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
Originally Posted by Prospero
The blog entry relates to a discrepancy between oneworld's latest verbage on lounge access rules and BA's present rules. Point made, end of mini drama, cue closing credits
Clicking on the link he quotes, the wording appears to be updated compared to his screen shot. It now states that the flight must be "marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline" to gain access based on tier status.

Here for anyone wanting a look:
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm not sure I understand the OP's post? Is it just me being thick?

Did the OP get downgraded? Or had he/she been upgraded then had the upgrade cancelled? Regardless it seems the OP ended up back in First. So I'm not sure what the issue is?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel ŕ PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by Genius1

Did the OP get downgraded? Or had he/she been upgraded then had the upgrade cancelled? Regardless it seems the OP ended up back in First. So I'm not sure what the issue is?
Yes, you're not the only one who's completely lost
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS

Somewhat more disturbing thing happened to me at BOM .
You should not have mixed the two. Everyone is talking about the blog/blogger. No one gives a rats about your experience, obviously!

Sounds very fishy - I wonder who they were? Glad you got your F in the end though!

rb211.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1

Glad you answered your own question.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RB211
You should not have mixed the two. Everyone is talking about the blog/blogger. No one gives a rats about your experience, obviously!

Sounds very fishy - I wonder who they were? Glad you got your F in the end though!

rb211.
Almost to a person you all are talking about the blogger...because he has like me, first hand experience. Rest of you (none of you ) were not there. !

So what qualifies you to comment against us or to use disruptive language such as 'No one gives a rats about your experience, obviously!"

I must compliment Prospero who has pointed out something in black and white....bringing back the discussion to an objective vein.

Also please note the post from A2A saying BA is looking into the matter. Where there is smoke.....?

I must say that I am taken aback with the the reaction in generalin this to thread. Bloggers come in with variety of credibility, can be challenged and do respond with facts. Now can you do that ?

CORRECTION: "When you say nobody gives a rat's...." so you know, I do, and CUSTOMERS who have experienced similar treatments at BA and other businesses vote with their wallets and their feet.

A2A do come back with when BA reverts back to you.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
For what it's worth, I was confused by the first post too. It started with "This is a very interesting post from a blogger."

It then went on to describe a scenario, which I thought was a summary of the blog referred to. I then followed the link at the bottom of the post and that described something completely different, so I assumed the wrong link had been posted.

I've found that posts that take me too much time to understand are not worth following so I moved on.

I've now come back and am even more confused so should have trusted my instinct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.