Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Compensation for being tormented by too many infants in J. Now that must be a winner somehow.
That's J?

Are you sure the compensation wasn't for the cabin alone, nevermind the children?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Paralytic
That's J?

Are you sure the compensation wasn't for the cabin alone, nevermind the children?
It is actually a very nice cabin if it is not so crowded. Seats are very comfy except for sleeping and much wider than BA. Service & food are better too. Just a sh!tty bed.

Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

IIRC 70K for having to go to the bus station to collect a delayed suitcase when travelling in F.
That was back in the days when they handed out miles for some really ridiculous service recovery reasons. Glad to see they have stopped that.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Whilst I got 10k miles for no IFE on a CW trip to Beijing (it is quite a long journey) a while ago, I was reminded me that in pre-miles days 20 years was very different. I was travelling in steerage to IAD with my son, then aged 9. The passenger next to him threw up all over the poor lad; probably the result of being given at least 8 small bottles of wine.
Upon return, I wrote to Colin Marshall about this. I certainly did not demand anything, yet within days received a letter of apology signed by the great man with a cheque for the cost of one ticket together with a selection of BA models (that would be of the toy variety) for the son and heir.
Now, of course, we all expect compensation for the merest slip.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
100K for a faulty F seat on a west coast flight

But my biggest result in 2001 was 2 * J tickets to anywhere for a whole raft of problems - surprisingly we flew to SYD
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: FT
This thread serves a valuable purpose and is on topic. If people do not like it or do not want to contribute, just leave. But please do not suggest it does not belong on FT. I will certainly consult if required.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by mkjr
This thread serves a valuable purpose and is on topic. If people do not like it or do not want to contribute, just leave. But please do not suggest it does not belong on FT. I will certainly consult if required.
Suggestions that what is being posted might not be in the interests of any of us who use BA and have real complaints and/or that the thread will end in tears are ALSO perfectly on topic and valuable to the forum community.

Instead of posting that, which could be argued to be OT ( ), why not wait.

Thouse who want to do this, ARE doing so. Thouse who felt it was a bad idea also said so. Beyond that it has just been discussion / clarification of what people posted.

Perhaps you could clarify your final sentence?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
But please do not suggest it does not belong on FT.
Nobody said that. All that was observed was that the thread was likely to deteriorate.

BAH
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
This thread serves a valuable purpose
Which is...?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Which is...?
While I agree it serves no purpose at all I also don't see any harm in it either.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by HIDDY
While I agree it serves no purpose at all I also don't see any harm in it either.
Well not harm harm but I tend to agree with BAHumburg that it can be problematic in the sense that you'll get people on here bragging about how many miles they got for a certain issue, cousing others on here to think to themselves "hang on I had the very same issue yet I was given just half the miles so I better get on the phone and demand more", or people that had the same problem yet didn't even think of complaining but seeing that they can actually get some miles out of it (even if it's something farily minor) getting on the phone to Customer Relations demanding miles, never mind those who just decide to complain about something that never actually happend.

Just my two pence, and I might be very wrong and taking it a little to the extreme.

Anyway, I guess we'll let the public have their say, and I'm sure this is going to be a very popular thread...
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Depends on your point of view

Anyway, I'll play - the most I have got for one flight is 40k. 25k that they doled out to everyone in J for the aborted strike a few years back and 15k for AVOD issues.

Well not harm harm but I tend to agree with BAHumburg
I agree with him too. And BAHumbug
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Well not harm harm but I tend to agree with BAHumburg that it can be problematic in the sense that you'll get people on here bragging about how many miles they got for a certain issue, cousing others on here to think to themselves "hang on I had the very same issue yet I was given just half the miles so I better get on the phone and demand more", or people that had the same problem yet didn't even think of complaining but seeing that they can actually get some miles out of it (even if it's something farily minor) getting on the phone to Customer Relations demanding miles, never mind those who just decide to complain about something that never actually happend.

Just my two pence, and I might be very wrong and taking it a little to the extreme.

Anyway, I guess we'll let the public have their say, and I'm sure this is going to be a very popular thread...
Just thought I'd stick another 2p worth in here and clarify the motivation for starting the thread.

Firstly, why shouldn't all customers be treated equally in the first place? Or at least treated equally according to their status?

Also, if more people realise they can claim compensation for recurring problems like AVOD not working or broken CW seats and start doing it en masse, it will surely only serve to "encourage" the powers that be to fix the problems rather than dishing out endless amounts of compensation.

I really hope this thread doesn't deteriorate into arguments, I promise you that was not my intention. The intention was simply to create a reference.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
if you do a search for 'palm tree' going back a few years .....

(this reference will be lost of anyone who has been on FT for less than 5 years)

Quite a few Ft'ers have actually sued BA over the years rather than be palmed off with Avios. BA always settles before it goes to court, but you need to sign a confidentiality agreement which is why the details never appear. People are never unhappy with their settlement, though.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:43 am

Well not harm harm but I tend to agree with BAHumburg that it can be problematic in the sense that you'll get people on here bragging
Although not always obvious bragging is quite common on this forum.

Last edited by HIDDY; Feb 7, 2012 at 10:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.