Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA's handling of lost property left on-board

BA's handling of lost property left on-board

Old May 28, 2016, 3:11 am

I agree, hence for sure I believe the luggage was taken off the plane in Pisa, hence I can only assume those who found it decided they would like to keep it.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by 710 77345
The plane will be checked before new passengers get on board at PSA, and the bag noticed and removed. It wouldn't be returned to London.
Agreed, which is why I would have expected there to at least be a BA person at Pisa who could have helped us....

I presume the bag was taken off the aircraft and then for some reason never made its way back to us.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
What colour is the bag, could it have been mistaken for a crew bag?
Old May 28, 2016, 3:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, I was going to say, as suggested in my earlier post if it looks like a crew bag and it was in the first CE locker, then you can assume it went back to London. That's not supposed to happen, but there again bags are not supposed to remain on board either.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:38 am

In the case it did end up back at Heathrow, have you checked the Missingx.com website where lost property would be logged?
Old May 28, 2016, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by caz312
In the case it did end up back at Heathrow, have you checked the Missingx.com website where lost property would be logged?
Thank you, yes I am been repeatedly checking that website. I will keep trying...
Old May 28, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
Originally Posted by gburman
I agree, hence for sure I believe the luggage was taken off the plane in Pisa, hence I can only assume those who found it decided they would like to keep it.
I must be missing something: surely the most likely scenario is that it is in lost property at Pisa?
Certainly when I have left stuff in planes, that's the place it ends up.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
My dad left a hat on a flight from PVG last year. He realised on the transit from B or C Gates. My mum was delighted as she hated it. I was amazed when the Purser from the F cabin came running over to us as we left the baggage hall with the hat! That was lucky (and very kind / thoughtful of her).

There was a thread a few years ago about BA paying Ł50 for a MacBook charger after someone left it and hadn't been allowed back on to get it.
My wife left her handbag in 2A recently after a long flight, with credit cards purse and everything of value other than her passport. She had arrived at 2C and noted only when on the train. You can imagine the panic!

Customer service at the bags desk told her not to worry that the Crew are now required to check the aircraft and bring any items they find to them. This was great relief as the bag had been left sitting on the shelve so could not be missed. Needless to say the crew looked blankly at her and the CS team when they arrived without the bag.

Took over an hour for someone to go the aircraft and retrieve it but at least it was still there.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
as suggested in my earlier post if it looks like a crew bag and it was in the first CE locker, then you can assume it went back to London.
Err, you might want to consider the opaqueness of your suggestions if you were suggesting it looks like a crew bag in the first locker! Unless of course you logged in to your alternate account :

Originally Posted by Can I help you
What colour is the bag, could it have been mistaken for a crew bag?
If it was, then this is one of the more worrying security failings posted in my time here, and may be worth following up with BA formally.
Old May 29, 2016, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well if this did happen it most certainly would have been picked up back at LHR when the crew finished their duty, it might possibly be worth looking back in London.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:10 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I am resurrecting this as I had an idea as a result of this thread.

I have found an App (there are loads) which allow you to put text on a Iphone/Ipad - I have taken a photo and written text with my name, contact phone numbers, email address, and Exec Card No.

This way I can still password protect gaining access to the device and let anyone who finds it know to whom it belongs. Twice recently I nearly lost my Ipad through my own stupid fault. I was saved by other people finding it. I was most grateful but I do not want to do that again!

Thought that I would share this as I have had so much from you - at least Lost Property would have some form of contact if your device was lost.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:48 am

Hi everyone.

Martin from MissingX here. New to the forums so please be aware we are addressing all the things mentioned thus far (in most cases the changes have already been made in the last month).

MissingX is a web based search platform run by a software company and we service many of the worlds airports, hotels, retailers and railways to aid in the FREE search for lost property held at their Lost Property Offices. We also allow the FREE registration or reporting of found property.

**Please note though, that we do not hold or process the physical property itself and we do not charge anything for members of the public to have their items back**

We are now under new management and we know we haven’t always got it right in the past.
Everything is under review and we have lots of new things coming out that will help you all.

New Website and new mobile app on the way very soon.

We aim to be as proactive and reactive as possible on these forums but if we are needed urgently then you can PM us on Facebook or Twitter etc.

We are eager to keep making sure you get the best possible service and are absolutely committed to you.

We aim to get it right first and every time from this point onwards but of course, things do happen.

If an item is not on our system then it has not been handed in.

Please note that it can take up to 7 days (in some circumstances) for property to make it’s way to Lost Property Offices (LPO).
The LPO at Heathrow, for example, is owned and operated by Bagport.

MissingX is the chosen provider to assist Bagport in the registration and claiming process of your lost property.

I hope this finds you all well and goes some way to explain.

Regards,

Martin Wilson
Director
MissingX
www.missingx.com
“Where Lost Is Found”
Stez likes this.

Last edited by Martin MissingX; Jan 13, 2017 at 1:13 am Reason: Added information
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:09 am

gburman's was similar to my case, but speaking about an iPhone and HEATHROW.

20 minutes after I left the aircraft I realised so and went to two different BA customer services, who told me they couldn't do anything but hand me a paper with information - not even making a call to cleaning staff to inform seat and lost.

And I won't even start to speak on my disappointment with Bagport...

Originally Posted by gburman
Thank you for your message which is helpful..

There was no BA staff to be found at Pisa Airport.

BA effectively swore that the bag could not have returned to London as it would be impossible because of security concerns for it not have been removed.

BA's gold guest list line said there was nothing they could do and when they tried to connect me to customer service, the customer service department would not even take my call, which I must say, I felt was highly unprofessional.

BA have offered no help or support.

Granted it was our fault for leaving the liuggage on the aircraft but BA could have been more helpful.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Left my glasses on the seat arm today 11A on BA0460 to Madrid. Anything clever I can do other than just check the missingx site?

Not any great value and I fortunately have spares with me, but these were favourites.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.