Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Adding a leg to a companion voucher booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:59 am
09R
Original Poster

Hi guys,

Trying to book a 2-4-1 to NYC but I can't get the return date I want on BA metal (only on AA), however don't to lose the outbound.

So thought I could book a oneway for the outbound using the 241 and then another one way on AA for the return just to play it safe. However, if something on BA metal crops up at a later date, will I be able to add it to my 2-4-1 online? If not then I will have to pay 2x£25 to cancel the AA flights, then another 2x£40 to add the return flight to the 241 booking. Is this a situation where BA should honour their policy of waivering the offline booking fee when something can't be done online?

On a side note, I noticed that booking two one ways using Avios is more expensive than a return.....is that right?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, A|Club, Tesco CC, Costa Coffee Club
Sorry, you'll find that the Amex 2-4-1 voucher (at least the UK version) is valid for return (aka "round trip" for NA cousins) bookings only.

You WILL have to specify a return flight, but can use that as just a placemarker, and change it for the date you actually want if availability comes up later.

If you end up on your AA single redemption (and "no show" for the BA return flight) then arguably you will be no worse off than if you had booked two single redemption tickets on BA without the voucher (2 x 40,000 = 2 x 80,000/2) except that you will have 'spent' the voucher for no benefit.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
While the rules may state that the Amex 241 may only be used for return tickets many people have reported in this forum that they have used them for oneways. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-question.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ay-trip-2.html

The other alternative for the OP is to just book an available return date (pick any available date or flight around your intended return) and then change the return when it becomes available. No muss, no fuss.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:46 am
09R
Original Poster

Hi guys,

just got off the phone to the exec club and the rep said:

1. You can book a one way using the 2-4-1

2. You can add a led to a companion voucher online and only have to pay the additional taxes.

If that's the case then I will only have to pay £50 if I want to chenge the return flight (i.e. cancel the return on AA and add a BA return to my 241 booking)

Does this sound right or is the rep wrong?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.