Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA - 2012 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
How many transaction lines did you get online with this purchase ?

You should get something like this showing as two seperate lines on the clubcard transaction page ?
Yes, two.

I also got 21 points for the shopping, based on the gross value of the purchase. (I used some prepaid coupons so the 'cash' value was £21-ish and the payment card value £16-ish.)
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: British Airways
Hi

I am trying to pre order the Cliff Richard CD - my mum will like it - but it keeps showing Clubcard points 3 points. I have got as far as the check out but don't really want to put in my card details if i am not going to get the 150 points.

Does anyone know if this promotion has ended? Or am i doing something wrong?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Roger
Yes, two.

I also got 21 points for the shopping, based on the gross value of the purchase. (I used some prepaid coupons so the 'cash' value was £21-ish and the payment card value £16-ish.)

could be worse then !

cs
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Raffles
Good point! Will sort it out later!

Im very glad you said that!

its part of my daily staple on Flyertalk and it just wouldnt be the same without a 2013 thread

cs
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
its part of my daily staple on Flyertalk and it just wouldnt be the same without a 2013 thread
I see tesco are planning on opening a store in NQY. Should help on your points collecting - is it something you campaigned for?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-19499234
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by ColdWalker
I see tesco are planning on opening a store in NQY. Should help on your points collecting - is it something you campaigned for?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-19499234

Ha ha ha!

i dont actually live in NQY but i do have a store and fuel station where i live.

but for your information, Tesco do already have a store in NQY, theres a Tesco express under a block of appartments just outside of the town

cs
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:36 am

Anyone made use of the MR points > Tesco gift card offer? 4k points for £100 Tesco vouchers? (Usually 24k points for £100)
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Richyo
Anyone made use of the MR points > Tesco gift card offer? 4k points for £100 Tesco vouchers? (Usually 24k points for £100)
That's an amazing offer!

£1,300 for a 52,000 Amex Platinum bonus.

Or a £100 refund plus 1,000 points for making a £100 forex transaction to earn the 5K bonus (shame it probably won't arrive in time )

Was going to turn my MR's into Jumeirah points but that is sooooooo tempting. That's about 3 months worth of food!

Weird, it doesn't seem to have been promoted anywhere, where did you see it?

I think I'm going to do this!

Hell, it's even worth buying your annual limit of 10,000 MR's at £150 in order to do this!

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jan 2, 2013 at 8:50 am
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
That's an amazing offer!

£1,300 for a 52,000 Amex Platinum bonus.

Was going to turn my MR's into Jumeirah points but that is sooooooo tempting. That's about 3 months worth of food!

Weird, it doesn't seem to have been promoted anywhere, where did you see it?
It is incredible! I was just browsing the MR site and saw it there under the new partner offers tab. I thought it was an error at first, but managed to place an order successfully!

If you are going to I would advise to do it sooner rather than later as the £25 and £100 denominations appear to have sold out and just £50 ones left! Doesn't appear to be a limit on amount you can order though
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Richyo
It is incredible! I was just browsing the MR site and saw it there under the new partner offers tab. I thought it was an error at first, but managed to place an order successfully!

If you are going to I would advise to do it sooner rather than later as the £25 and £100 denominations appear to have sold out and just £50 ones left! Doesn't appear to be a limit on amount you can order though
It's still offering me £100's

Sod it, I'm doing this, It's a no brainer i think. I'm also going to purchase the annual limit of 10,000 MR's on our 3 MR account

Tesco's aren't going to go bust.........Are they?

£15 per 1,000 MR points = £25 Tesco voucher = No brainer!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: Le Creuset 26cm square grillit club, laithwaites red club
This has to be a mistake, I wonder if Tesco will honor it?

You could turn your MR into Tesco vouchers and spend the money saved on tesco shopping into a higher amount of Avios !!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
I can still order all demonimations - I'd been holding onto my platinum bonus for a Avios offer but £1300 not to be overlooked lightly.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:56 am

Yeah it would offer me all 3 but then when I went through to confirm order I just got an error. I phoned Amex and they said it 'appeared' that the £100 was out of stock but they can't physically check for some reason.

As it happened I was looking to get an iPad with my MR points, albeit not great value buying with points. Will now buy from Tesco for a fraction of the points cost!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Sh*t! I could wipe out my MR balance and get the average UK net salary in Tesco gift cards!!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: Le Creuset 26cm square grillit club, laithwaites red club
Originally Posted by Raffles
Sh*t! I could wipe out my MR balance and get the average UK net salary in Tesco gift cards!!
and then spend them all on printer ink !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.