Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Missing partner TP's, best "proof" of taking flight

Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold

I have asked BAEC to track down the 40TP's I am missing from 2 LAN flights in mid January. The last time I needed to do this the points were credited within the day. This time it needs to go to LAN for proof of flight.

I still struggle with the fact that the only option you have to register this is a fax (excluding Nicci - to whom I am grateful). Do any of you even know where your nearest fax machine is!!

Anyway, to the point of the post. I forwarded a copy of my luggage receipt as it clearly shows both flight numbers, date, booking code, name etc.. I used OLCI and PYOBP so I figured the BP's were no real proof of flight, according to BAEC when I chased last week the BP is the best proof, as I could drop my bags, get the receipt and then no show.

I would have thought it easier to no show if you have only PYOBP'd as opposed to dropping your bag.

The guy I spoke to last week suggested faxing in copies of the BP's as well, but doubted it would speed things up as it was in LAN's hands now to prove I took the flight.

So what do you think is reasonable "proof" of a flight? I have video of the approach in to LIM and SCL, but I am not sure how the hell I would fax these?? Surely it is not beyond the capabilities of even BA's IT department to have a generic email address along the lines of [email protected] or something. I realise they struggle with a decent web based booking and redemption engine, but an email address.....

O/T - I hope that LAN do not drag their feet too much, these 40TP's are the difference between bronze and silver and I fly again in 3 wks.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: BA: CCR / GGL / GFL Marriott: PtFL
I'm missing about 330 TPs, and I too struggled with the idea of using a fax...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-tps-lan.html

So I called the BA Gold line, guy was very helpful said just tell him the flight details and he'll do it all. Great.
Slightly embarrassed email 2 days later asking me to send BPs, eTicket details, Itinierary from travel agent. So I've sent as much as I can electronically in reply to that email.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by peterrabbit
I'm missing about 330 TPs, and I too struggled with the idea of using a fax...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-tps-lan.html

So I called the BA Gold line, guy was very helpful said just tell him the flight details and he'll do it all. Great.
Slightly embarrassed email 2 days later asking me to send BPs, eTicket details, Itinierary from travel agent. So I've sent as much as I can electronically in reply to that email.
At least that was with a partner airline. I couldn't even get them to credit a BA flight (Club Europe, issued on 125-stock). They "couldn't find proof the flight was taken".
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Boarding pass and copy of e-ticket are the norm for most FFP's. Luggage receipts don't have any FFP details on.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Boarding pass and copy of e-ticket are the norm for most FFP's. Luggage receipts don't have any FFP details on.
Ah yes!! Good point! Had not considered that one, I just figured it had everything else needed. Unless I happened up on a luggage tag in the same name as mine from a none FF.

Sadly when you ring them up you can not get an email address to send things through the quick way. Might have to hunt out a fax machine.

Or does anyone know of a pay as you need it online fax service where you can send electronic documents along with a cover note....
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Scan on a PC and then fax using some software?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:10 am

I've been able to email them in reply (once they email me first) on this and other issues.

I'll pm you some details.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Scan on a PC and then fax using some software?
I have them as pdfs somewhere so I could print them after OLCI....
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
What I want to know is what you do when your BP is on your iPhone...

BAH
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
BicesterTerrier, YHPM
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by NeverFirst
At least that was with a partner airline. I couldn't even get them to credit a BA flight (Club Europe, issued on 125-stock). They "couldn't find proof the flight was taken".
Perhaps we should all start taking pictures of ourselves on-board, with boarding and passport (at picture/identification page) card in hand, aircraft registration number in the background (its typically in the galley), a copy of the Times (to prove the date) and a standing beside the senior cabin crew member working that day. Bonus points for getting the captain in the picture too.

Do you think BA would accept that as proof of flight?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by BAHumbug

BAH
With an iphone/ipad you can take a screenshot photo by pressing home and off keys together, it then becomes the last photo in your camera roll. You then email it!

I use this for capturing screen shots regularly when pricing flights - to prove to beancounters that flex CE is usually cheaper than flex Y on very late bookings!!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Perhaps we should all start taking pictures of ourselves on-board, with boarding card in hand, aircraft registration number in the background (its typically in the galley), a copy of the Times (to prove the date) and a standing beside the senior cabin crew member working that day. Bonus points for getting the captain in the picture too.

Do you think BA would accept that as proof of flight?
Now this is more like the kind of suggestion I expected from this place. Thanks for the suggestions so far and for those of you with practical offers of assistance.

Brings a tear to my eye sometimes the attitude of people in this place. ^
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by BAHumbug

BAH
Clearly you have to put your iPhone in the post to BAEC.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by antichef
With an iphone/ipad you can take a screenshot photo by pressing home and off keys together, it then becomes the last photo in your camera roll. You then email it!
Although this brings us back to the circular argument of BA wanting a fax. I suppose I could EMail it to myself, print it out and fax it...but, really, it's 2012...

BAH

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.