Seq 001 - Oh yes!!

Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:39 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by zeitgeist
I got seq no 001 for me and 002 for my wife earlier this year returning from DXB on BA108. She was spectacularly unimpressed and called me a sad b*****d.

It put me in a really good mood for our last day of holiday.
She would not call me that, but the looks would say the same.....
Old Dec 9, 2011, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Just checked. My SEQs from our last trip are 003 & 001 outbound, 005 & 002 inbound - I guess the OH had the 001 on the last sector. The connecting sectors certainly enhance the prospects of a low SEQ, but we were obviously quick off the blocks at OLCI in both cases.

I must now declare myself a Boarding Pass anorak.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I very frequently have Seq 001, mostly out of BEY where not many people use OLCI.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: Le Creuset 26cm square grillit club, laithwaites red club
Best I have has is 4, but another angle to the game could be who has the highest.

Scary game to play . . .
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Am thinking some people really do need to get out more.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
I've had a few 001's on various flights. It does give me as (sad) kick
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
This is based on time of check-in rather than time of printing out the BP? I never do the latter to that last minute.

I'm shocked that a seasoned FTer does otherwise. You can't view the seatmap once you've printed the BP, and it sounds like the OP has done it a whole day in advance. Even if you've got the best seat in the cabin and don't want to change it, surely you want to see the ebb and flow of the seats filling up (and sometimes emptying) around you so you can plan your trip accordingly. I imagine there are entire threads devoted to making the most of this information .
Wiz805 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Just checked. My SEQs from our last trip are 003 & 001 outbound, 005 & 002 inbound -
pathetic attempt - I would expect a minimum of consecutive numbers.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by hingeless
Best I have has is 4, but another angle to the game could be who has the highest.

Scary game to play . . .
It's a game for Prems. You need to be on a full 747 (for bonus points, massively oversold 747), not check-in online and be bold enough to check in at the airport with minutes to spare. Most people would be at risk of being bumped. I presume a Prem in those circumstances would not get bumped - they'd find someone else to offload or downgrade if necessary, if they'd already checked in.
ps107 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
pathetic attempt - I would expect a minimum of consecutive numbers.
Sorry ... we'll try harder next time. And I'll ensure she keeps her BPs as well.

Is there a prize for a 4-sector 001/002 combination?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC
I've had quite a few #1 boarding passes.

The highest I've got is #473 on a Lufthansa A380, PEK-FRA.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I've had quite a few Seq 001 boarding passes. I don't go out of my way to check-in exactly 24 hours before now though, as my seats will have been pre-assigned so there's not much benefit.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by hingeless
... but another angle to the game could be who has the highest.
Originally Posted by shefgab
The highest I've got is #473 on a Lufthansa A380, PEK-FRA.
If you want big sequence numbers, try EK. As far as I can tell, they don't start every flight with the number 1. Or that, at least, seemed to me to be a necessary explanation for why I have had sequence numbers that were well beyond the capacity of the aircraft.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
A brilliant, original FT topic!

This game (at least on BA or VS) will only work for you outside of the UK, as you'll be mostly competing with people leaving from the same city as you.

In the UK, you'll be competing with passengers connecting in LHR. If you originate in LHR, then the passengers connecting through LHR on to your international flight will have the opportunity to check in ahead of you.

You can play a game with friends you're traveling with: The one to have the lowest seq/bin number gets drinks or dinner paid by the others.

Originally Posted by Macspreader
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.25174/26.1235; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

My game these days is to try and get last seq number - validated when I hear fa told pax numbers by dispatcher as the door is shut. Always feels a bit more 'exciting' somehow. Never missed a flight yet, but frequently check in at t-45 (at Man).
So this gives rise to another idea if you're traveling with friends - this sounds more for us males with our absurd testosterone trips: The person with the highest seq/bin number gets drinks or dinner paid by the others. This gets more exciting if you have a few in the group who really want to win that they'll check in at the airport. Cut it too close, then you're locked out of the flight. Then the rest of the group gets to make fun of you and you get stuck taking the next flight. Or if you manage to make it on to the original flight, your bags don't make it.

Last edited by Wiirachay; Dec 11, 2011 at 7:22 pm
Old Dec 11, 2011, 8:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That is correct - it is a "bin number" only on Ryan Air for those in the "SLF*" fare class.

* Self-Loading Freight

Originally Posted by TPJ
It is BOARDING NUMBER and not bin number

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.