BA award ticket cancellation fee

Subscribe
I booked a BA award for myself and my brother to GIG for next year right before the devaluation, flying on AA metal. Looks like i may soon need to cancel the award. Do the old BA award cancel fees apply or do the new cancel fees apply? Are the fees per reservation or per traveler? Trying to figure out what the total fees will be. There is a chance i may just cancel one of the tickets and not both. Will know in about a week.
Quote: I booked a BA award for myself and my brother to GIG for next year right before the devaluation, flying on AA metal. Looks like i may soon need to cancel the award. Do the old BA award cancel fees apply or do the new cancel fees apply? Are the fees per reservation or per traveler? Trying to figure out what the total fees will be. There is a chance i may just cancel one of the tickets and not both. Will know in about a week.
Old fees apply, so £15 online and £30 (I think) per person over the phone.

I'm not sure whether its possible to just cancel just one of the tickets.
I believe new fees apply: £25 per passenger and an additional £15 pp if cancelled offline. Offline fee is waived for Gold card members
Quote: I believe new fees apply: £25 per passenger and an additional £15 pp if cancelled offline. Offline fee is waived for Gold card members
Nope, Nicci definitely said T&Cs from the time of booking apply, as they should do.
Quote: Old fees apply, so free online and £15 (I think) per person over the phone.
I thought pre-Avios days there was a cancellation fee even when you cancelled online......it was only free to Gold?
Quote: I thought pre-Avios days there was a cancellation fee even when you cancelled online......it was only free to Gold?
Yes, sorry, you are right - it was £15 online and more (£30?) offline. Its gone up-post Avios.

It was changes that were free online before, but these are now have a £25 online fee (which is waived for Golds). I think this is a big benefit that many Gold forget as it really restricts (financially) the ability to "hold" award seats and then change them later if availability changes.

I'll change my post above.
With respect to the change fees!

On new bookings is the change fee per passenger per ticket ie if you change two legs on a single ticket for two people is it two or four fees please?
Quote: With respect to the change fees!

On new bookings is the change fee per passenger per ticket ie if you change two legs on a single ticket for two people is it two or four fees please?
I'd like to think its a single fee per passenger but perhaps it depends on the change. eg, a change of date for both legs should only be one change per passenger.
Quote: I'd like to think its a single fee per passenger but perhaps it depends on the change. eg, a change of date for both legs should only be one change per passenger.
Do you know ..... I've hunted through the FT threads and the BA web site and I cannot find an answer ....
Quote: Yes, sorry, you are right - it was £15 online and more (£30?) offline. Its gone up-post Avios.

It was changes that were free online before, but these are now have a £25 online fee (which is waived for Golds). I think this is a big benefit that many Gold forget as it really restricts (financially) the ability to "hold" award seats and then change them later if availability changes.

I'll change my post above.
Sorry (never cancelled before), just to be clear, there are absolutely NO cancellation fees paid by a Gold for award reservations?
Quote: Sorry (never cancelled before), just to be clear, there are absolutely NO cancellation fees paid by a Gold for award reservations?
You'll still pay the charges as specified by the ticket's fare rules (ie booking class dependent), but not the service charge fee.

And, for completeness, that fee does exist but is waived for Golds.

Fee here:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...l/public/en_uk
Quote: Do you know ..... I've hunted through the FT threads and the BA web site and I cannot find an answer ....
I do think you'd only be charged one fee per person. From this page:

Reward fees apply to each passenger in the booking.
Quote: I do think you'd only be charged one fee per person. From this page:

Reward fees apply to each passenger in the booking.
Thanks - yes - I'd seen that but to me the guidance could still easily mean that if you change say the dates on 3 of the legs on a 4 leg return trip then that represents 3 date changes and therefore 6 fees for two people on the same ticket.

Anyone?!
Quote: Offline fee is waived for Gold card members
The marketing blurb does not limit the Gold waiver to offline changes/cancellations. It states all redemption transactions carry no charges for Gold members.
Quote: The marketing blurb does not limit the Gold waiver to offline changes/cancellations. It states all redemption transactions carry no charges for Gold members.
Useful. Do you have a link?