Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA award ticket cancellation fee

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Originally Posted by uk1
Thanks - yes - I'd seen that but to me the guidance could still easily mean that if you change say the dates on 3 of the legs on a 4 leg return trip then that represents 3 date changes and therefore 6 fees for two people on the same ticket.

Anyone?!
I recall Nicci answering that, or a very similar query, on one of the pre Avios threads. The response being that the change charge would apply once per person.
Please accept my apologies if my memory is playing tricks (I do not have the skills to search and find it).
Old Nov 28, 2011, 3:41 pm

Change fees are per person,per transaction ..so if all changes are actioned in the same transaction then one fee per person...if changes are actioned on separate transactions then a change fee for each .
Old Nov 28, 2011, 4:00 pm
uk1
Suspended

Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: OneW(Gold) Virgin(Gold) StarA(Hons) Hilton(Diam) ICG(Plat) Marriott(Gold) Amex Cent
Originally Posted by littlefish
Useful. Do you have a link?
Under Member benefits, putting you in control:
No booking or service fees for reward flights using Avios

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...p/public/en_gb

I wouldn't count on BA not revising the wording some time soon as I suspect it could be a glitch. They will probably "listen to our customers" and find that we really really want to pay for phone support after all.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
If anyone is the know please answer the following:

If I purchase two tickets in the same reservation through the HHA using my miles and then cancel or change them will the fee apply to the second (non-status) passenger or will the Gold waiver apply for the transaction?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:01 pm

If you cancel the award ticket, do you get all the taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges back?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by qdmd
If you cancel the award ticket, do you get all the taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges back?
Less the cancellation fee, yes. The cancellation fee is waived for Golds.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 5:54 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Andriyko
If anyone is the know please answer the following:

If I purchase two tickets in the same reservation through the HHA using my miles and then cancel or change them will the fee apply to the second (non-status) passenger or will the Gold waiver apply for the transaction?
Anyone know the answer to this one? I am preparing to make changes to an award booking (single record locator, miles from HHA) for me (Gold) and my partner (Silver). Will the change fee be waived for both of us, or just me?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by redshift27
Less the cancellation fee, yes. The cancellation fee is waived for Golds.
I cancelled a trip to IPC last year.
The $50/70 cancel fee was more than the taxes.
I assumed they would ding me for the difference,
but no, they just refunded the miles
and said I would only forfeit the $20 or so in taxes !

Last edited by MrHalliday; Jun 19, 2012 at 8:03 pm
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
Anyone know the answer to this one? I am preparing to make changes to an award booking (single record locator, miles from HHA) for me (Gold) and my partner (Silver). Will the change fee be waived for both of us, or just me?
There will be no service fees or change fees applied in these circumstances..all passengers on the booking benefit from your gold card exemption.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Unfortunately I had to cancel my flights from Edinburgh to Delhi today due to change in circumstances.

This was booked using Amex voucher and 150,000 BA Miles - and im a lonely blue.

Received full refund of both and all taxes back minus £25 per person. Overall, not bad at all for reward seats
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:12 am

If you have to cancel an old award because the schedule has changed and flights no longer connect (and nothing else can be booked that works), you are entitled to receive back all your Avios fees and taxes, right? This was a ticket booked online, BTW.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Another question:
If I can't make a flight booked with only 4500 points, can I just not cancel it, lose my points and avoid the cancellation fee (thereby in effect paying 4500 points instead of currency for my necessary change in plans)?

Also, something else comes in to play as one gets too close to the travel time: It's my understanding that you normally can't cancel less than 24 hours before departure anyway without losing your points.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by honu
If you have to cancel an old award because the schedule has changed and flights no longer connect (and nothing else can be booked that works), you are entitled to receive back all your Avios fees and taxes, right? This was a ticket booked online, BTW.
Yes, just as if it were booked with cash.
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Another question:
If I can't make a flight booked with only 4500 points, can I just not cancel it, lose my points and avoid the cancellation fee (thereby in effect paying 4500 points instead of currency for my necessary change in plans)?

Also, something else comes in to play as one gets too close to the travel time: It's my understanding that you normally can't cancel less than 24 hours before departure anyway without losing your points.
Yes, you can just no-show. Not sure but I think you can call up and cancel to get the points back and the fee might be capped at the £13.50 fee you paid when booking. Again, can't guarantee that.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by stifle
Yes, just as if it were booked with cash.

Yes, you can just no-show. Not sure but I think you can call up and cancel to get the points back and the fee might be capped at the £13.50 fee you paid when booking. Again, can't guarantee that.
I've cancelled 1 way flights that I've paid 4500 miles and £13.50 and I was only charged £13.50.

I have also cancelled 1 way flights that I used miles + cash (so 2250 miles + cash + £13.50) and I was only charged £13.50. The cash part was refunded - initially I thought they'd keep whatever I paid up to £25 but that does seem to be the case. To cancel a 1 way is only £13.50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.