Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by David-A
Not looked into IB+ restrictions in detail yet.
I saw a post on the IB forum that said you could get status faster, but with slightly less Avios by crediting flights to IB.

Is anyone doing this?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18910540-post3.html
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by David-A

Not looked into IB+ restrictions in detail yet.
I don't understand any of this combining Avios between BA-Avios-IB thing. I hope in the future they just put it all under Avios.com as it's confusing as hell at the moment.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I don't understand any of this combining Avios between BA-Avios-IB thing. I hope in the future they just put it all under Avios.com as it's confusing as hell at the moment.
Bottom line is, unless you have an individual Avios.com account, or an individual BAEC account, your miles are stuck in IB+.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Bottom line is, unless you have an individual Avios.com account, or an individual BAEC account, your miles are stuck in IB+.
Must admit going by what I've read on here and elsewhere I always assumed that to be the case.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: MUCCI
BTW: When I said I'd not looked into IB+ restrictions in detail yet, I was talking about across the whole programme, not Combine My Avios (which I do have my head around).

Keep thinking about doing a good chart which I think would explain C.M.A. well.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Must admit going by what I've read on here and elsewhere I always assumed that to be the case.
What makes the least sense is that if the restrictions are in place supposedly to protect shared household balances, then how come you can you transfer out of a BAEC household account to IB and not the other way around?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: MUCCI
What makes the least sense is that if the restrictions are in place supposedly to protect shared household balances, then how come you can you transfer out of a BAEC household account to IB and not the other way around?
To be honest, I think from examination all actual evidence suggests it is there to prevent IB members from having the ability to pool miles across a household.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:48 am
Suspended

I emailed [email protected] a week ago as I was trying to transfer an avio into the account just to test and was getting an error, but heard nothing back.

Has anyone ever had an email response from them?

Wow, ask and you shall receive.....

Dear Mr. PANGALACTIC:

In accordance with the information you have supplied, we inform you that you CANNOT combine Avios because you have no movements in one of your cards.

We trust that future contact with us will be to your complete satisfaction. Yours sincerely,

Iberia Plus

8 days for a response, I'd say I'm somewhat less than completely satisfied
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
OK, you need to earn 1 Avios in IB then.

You could have got 100 Avios for signing up to the Spanish equivalent of Ocado, but that got pulled a couple of weeks ago. Might as well credit a flight or hotel night.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles

You could have got 100 Avios for signing up to the Spanish equivalent of Ocado, but that got pulled a couple of weeks ago. Might as well credit a flight or hotel night.
That was the reply to an email I sent 8 days ago, my accor points posted yesterday.

Did you see the screenshots I posted re transfers from IB to BA?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That was the reply to an email I sent 8 days ago, my accor points posted yesterday.

Did you see the screenshots I posted re transfers from IB to BA?
Yup, sorry, I assumed your IB account was empty

Looking at the HHA rules again, it does seem you cannot transfer in from IB if in a BA HHA. No idea of the logic here. To use the 2,500 you would need to transfer extra miles from a BA HHA,or BA normal account, or avios account, to the kids IB account and redeem from there.

Honestly don't understand this one unless it is to restrict IB members for some reason.

Last edited by Raffles; Jul 20, 2012 at 2:25 pm
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:15 am

It is back now
https://www.alice.es/adcampaigns/iberiaplusv

Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lo sentimos, ha ocurrido un error inesperado.

Hemos sido informados del problema e intentaremos resolverlo lo antes posible.

Note that I did this 2 weeks ago and no Avios yet, so it certainly isn't an instant posting thing.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Link is broken, where did you click to it from?

I can see the signup form from the "Registrate" link on the homepage but it doesn't ask for an IB number.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:23 am
Suspended

Lo sentimos, ha ocurrido un error inesperado.

Hemos sido informados del problema e intentaremos resolverlo lo antes posible.
I wish I paid more attention in Spanish classes at school

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.