Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Do we need to wait 90 days before we can transfer points from le club Accor
To Iberia plus? Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by milemission
Do we need to wait 90 days before we can transfer points from le club Accor
To Iberia plus? Thanks!
No, I don't think that's the problem, the points should go into your IB account just fine, the 90 days is for transferring points out of IB to the other Avios schemes.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
No, I don't think that's the problem, the points should go into your IB account just fine, the 90 days is for transferring points out of IB to the other Avios schemes.
Thank you, can't wait 90 days as my Accor points are expiring.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Thank you, can't wait 90 days as my Accor points are expiring.
You don't understand.

You CAN transfer from Accor to a brand new Ib account. You simply cannot move those Avios across to BA until your IB account is 90 days old.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:31 am

Thanks for the advice, just transferred 3000 accor points to Iberia plus, said "allow 6 weeks". Anyone know how long it actually take? Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Some Accor points posted to my IB Plus account and I can't seem to transfer them over.

I tried logging into the (over 90 day old) IB account on Avios.com (individual account) and get "You can't use Combine my Avios with this account. Please contact us"

I tried logging into the Avios.com account on IB which worked but then only has 1 option "Avios to Iberia Plus" and says "You can only move Avios from Avios to Iberia Plus - you cannot move your Avios back again"

I know it's not going to transfer into the BAEC HHA, but I tried it anyway and it says "You can't use Combine my Avios with this account. Please contact us"

The only difference I can see in the addresses is that "London" is in the 2nd line of the address on the Avios.com account whereas on the IB account it is in the city field, however when I try to update the address on Avios.com the page refreshes and the address doesn't change.

I emailed [email protected] a week ago as I was trying to transfer an avio into the account just to test and was getting an error, but heard nothing back.

Has anyone ever had an email response from them?

This is so annoying
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Has anyone ever had an email response from them?
From Iberia?

No, 12 years and still counting.
I was going to transfer some BA Avios to IB Avios just to see if it worked but I haven't got a clue how to do it. The IB site is very unreliable.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Thanks for the advice, just transferred 3000 accor points to Iberia plus, said "allow 6 weeks". Anyone know how long it actually take? Thanks!
In my experience it's pretty reasonable - 1-2 weeks.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:27 pm
Suspended

From my Accor account.....

12/07/2012 12/07/2012 FFP Systematic Transfer : Iberia 0 -672

On my IB Plus account

7/12/12 0 Days At Hotel Accor Hoteles Hotels Accor Hoteles 1,680

So it claims it did it the same day, but the points actually posted today.

And for some reason "Combinar Mis Avios" just decided to work and the points are now safely in my BAEC account after a quick stopover on Avios.com

7/20/12 Combine My Avios Other services Combinar Mis Avios 1,680

Maybe because it needed to pass midnight or something for my account to be considered as having had activity?

Edit: I still don't see a way that I will be able to transfer the 2,500 bonus from an IB child account to BAEC, as they can't have an Avios.com account and need to be in a BAEC HHA! Am I missing something here?

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jul 19, 2012 at 8:45 pm
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Edit: I still don't see a way that I will be able to transfer the 2,500 bonus from an IB child account to BAEC, as they can't have an Avios.com account and need to be in a BAEC HHA! Am I missing something here?
Ludicrously complex workaround, but to prove a point!

Open BAEC account for an adult
Create a HHA for that adult and your kid
Transfer kids IB miles over
Dissolve HHA, all miles go to adult
Open an avios.com account for the adult
Transfer adults miles from BA to avios.com
Form an avios.com family ac with you and the adult
Dissolve avios.com family ac with you taking 100 per cent of the miles

Easy
Old Jul 20, 2012, 5:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
Ludicrously complex workaround, but to prove a point!

Open BAEC account for an adult
Create a HHA for that adult and your kid
Transfer kids IB miles over
It breaks here, as you can't transfer IB avios into a HHA can you?

Dissolve HHA, all miles go to adult
Open an avios.com account for the adult
Transfer adults miles from BA to avios.com
Form an avios.com family ac with you and the adult
Dissolve avios.com family ac with you taking 100 per cent of the miles
If you could transfer the miles into a BAEC HHA, you wouldn't need an Avios.com to pass the miles through
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It breaks here, as you can't transfer IB avios into a HHA can you?

If you could transfer the miles into a BAEC HHA, you wouldn't need an Avios.com to pass the miles through
You can transfer miles into a BA HHA, I have done it with BMI miles. You simply cannot transfer into an avios.com HHA, or out of one. The reason is that an avios.com HHA is genuinely pooled (ie you no longer have your own individual balance) unlike BA.

What I explained above is what you have to do if you (the parent) want to get 2,500 Avios in YOUR account by exploiting your kids, without having to put yourself in a HHA with your kids (which for various reasons may be impractical).
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: MUCCI
You can transfer miles into a BA HHA, I have done it with BMI miles.
I think that might be being treated differently.

Indeed Combine my Avios/Destination Miles has a different set of T&C now from the main combine my Avios:
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...inations_miles

Main/normal Combine my Avios:

2. A Member may only move Avios between accounts under the following conditions:
- The Member must be 18 years or over, have an active account and not be under audit.
- The accounts must be registered to the same individual under each of the Programmes.
- Members must ensure both Programmes are holding accurate and up to date Member details including a valid date of birth and email address to assist with validation. For example, in the event of a change of name use of 'Combine my Avios' will be refused until both Programmes have received proof of the change.

3. Members of a Household Account under the Programmes may not use 'Combine my Avios' other than (a) from a British Airways Executive Club Household Account to an individual account under the Avios Programme or the Iberia Plus Programme and (b) from the individual account under the Avios Programme to a Household Account under the British Airways Executive Programme. Any other Household account transaction will not be permitted under Combine my Avios.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:36 am
Suspended

You can transfer miles into a BA HHA, I have done it with BMI miles. You simply cannot transfer into an avios.com HHA, or out of one. The reason is that an avios.com HHA is genuinely pooled (ie you no longer have your own individual balance) unlike BA.

What I explained above is what you have to do if you (the parent) want to get 2,500 Avios in YOUR account by exploiting your kids, without having to put yourself in a HHA with your kids (which for various reasons may be impractical).
That would make perfect sense, since the HHA miles are effectively shared miles, but.....

On BA.com

On Iberia.com

I can send Avios round in a BA(HHA)->IB->Avios.com circle all day long, but BA->IB and IB->BA just ain't happening!

I therefore believe that the 2,500's are going to get stuck in IB with no way to get them out, unless of course your child has miles they can send to IB and make the redemption from there, but then they would be on a different PNR, Unaccompanied Minor, other complications too no doubt, etc etc
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: MUCCI
I therefore believe that the 2,500's are going to get stuck in IB with no way to get them out, unless of course your child has miles they can send to IB and make the redemption from there, but then they would be on a different PNR, Unaccompanied Minor, other complications too no doubt, etc etc
Could a redemption for someone else not be made from their IB+ account?
[Once the balance is big enough by other / transfer means.]

Not looked into IB+ restrictions in detail yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.