Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2012, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by zerogx
I tried immediately after changing both accounts to the same email, maybe it needs a few days to "update".
Yup, it works now.. so for anyone else following the instructions of Gulliver_UK, wait a day and try again after making sure your personal details are the same.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by lfc84
i want to transfer from iberia to avios.com

my iberia account has activity june last year
my avios accoutn has activity last month
ive checked both account and they appear to match (address, etc)

for some reason i dont have "combine my avios" on the iberia website

i have that option on the avios site and the transfer wont work

email to avios.com resulted in a reply saying my account was innactive at iberia.com

iberia.com wont reply to emails

any suggestions? thanks

I just logged in to my iberia.com account and discovered that the "combine my avios" function was available. my iberia account has not had any activity since June 2011. I had been told a few months ago that my iberia account was innactive and that the transfer of points would not be possible due to inactivity. i only had 3,000 points in the iberia account which were collected by registering for email newsletters (if i recall correctly).

anyway, for those who have ran into problems it might be worth a look in the iberia site now. i transferred the 3,000 iberia avios to avios.com and they appeared in my avios.com statement within a minute.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Have anyone in US successfully transferred Iberia points to BA?
I am in US, just opened Iberia account today, zero points, I have household account in BA.
I'd like to transfer hotel points to Iberia and then to BA.
I don't have avios account yet. Would that be much trouble? What do you think?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
Have anyone in US successfully transferred Iberia points to BA?
I am in US, just opened Iberia account today, zero points, I have household account in BA.
I'd like to transfer hotel points to Iberia and then to BA.
I don't have avios account yet. Would that be much trouble? What do you think?
Yes, I have made this same transfer several times. I am also based in the U.S., and I have a household BA account.

Here is the methodology: It is a two-step process, once you get the accounts set up correctly. You use the "Combine My Avios" function to move the Iberia points to an account you need to create at www.avios.com. Then you use the same function to move the points to your BA Household Account. Make sure the e-mail address matches on all three accounts.

To create an avios.com account, you need to use a U.K. street address. (I used the address of my favorite London hotel.)

Once you get the accounts set up, the transfer(s) only takes a few minutes and the miles (points) show up immediately.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
One problem though. You have to wait 90 days after opening the Iberia account before you can transfer points.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 9:00 pm

I guess it would have been helpful if I had mentioned that little 90-day rule. Sorry!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thank you so much! Steve in Olympia and neuromancer.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:07 pm

My card arrived today and I have somehow managed to set-up an account with my surname entered twice as a double barrelled jobby. Argh!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by COOLIO
My card arrived today and I have somehow managed to set-up an account with my surname entered twice as a double barrelled jobby. Argh!
Mr Jobby-Jobby?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by COOLIO
I had a similar issue. I could not transfer online, however BAEC were satisfied that it was 'my' IB account and so transferred my IB Avios out manually. Give them a call^
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Mr Jobby-Jobby?
Mr Jobby-Jobby, oooh, a Mr Jobby-Jobby, she says I'm Mr Jobtastic, say me fantastic, Mr Roooooo........mantic

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jun 30, 2012 at 2:38 am
Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:16 am

Yes but not hyphened so just Jobby Jobby.

Thanks for the one serious response
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:22 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
When I try to access my IB account from Avios.com I get the following message:

You can't use Combine my Avios with this account. Please contact us
Neither are household accounts, any ideas?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
When I try to access my IB account from Avios.com I get the following message:

Neither are household accounts, any ideas?
Do you have any transactions on your Iberia account? If you don't, then your account is deemed inactive and ineligible for transactions. This is _not_ an explicit part of the terms and conditions of combine avios, but still strictly enforced. You can get around the issue by generating a transaction on your Iberia account. This can be almost anything, an Amex MR transfer, a car rental, etc. (even a OW flight).

Last edited by cvarming; Jul 12, 2012 at 9:07 am
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cvarming
Do you have any transactions on your Iberia account? If you don't then you account is deemed inactive and ineligible for transactions. This is _not_ an explicit part of the terms and conditions of combine avios, but still strictly enforced. You can get around the issue by generating a transaction on your Iberia account. This can be almost anything, an Amex MR transfer, a car rental, etc. (even a OW flight).
Oh I see

No I don't have any transaction yet, but I am expecting some points to arrive from Accor shortly and just wanted to make sure it was working OK.

Thanks for your help!

I contacted Avios.com and they told me that my IB account was coming up as invalid so I emailed IB. I wonder what they will come back with

Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.