Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:51 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:54 am
Old Feb 19, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze :-(, United, Virgin, Starwood, Marriott
Originally Posted by matine-allstars
I have struggled for over a month with the problem of transferring Avios from Iberia Plus to a BA Exec Club Household account

BA and Iberia were not aware of the issue until recently

It doesn't appear to be a fault with the system as text is coded into the application explaining the transfer is one-way only. I guess there must be legal or data protection reasons why the Iberia ---> BAEC HHA isn't possible

I did find an easy solution:

Create an Avios account (with Avios) (I think it needs to have the same email address as the Iberia Plus and BAEC accounts)

Transfer the Avios from your Iberia Plus to your Avios account

Then transfer the Avios from your Avios account to your BA Exec Club Household account

It worked for me - 2 transactions and the Avios were in my BAEC instantly
Thanks for this solution. ^

I have just completed a transfer from my Iberia account to BAEC household in a matter of minutes.

Thanks again
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:28 pm

Has anyone verified that the Iberia-to-Avios-to-BAEC points transfer only works if your accounts have a U.K. address?

My Iberia account is less than three months old (and I am U.S.-based), so I can't do a transfer (yet). But I am hoping to do a transfer next month.

Have any U.S. members had any luck on this? Are there any other workarounds?

Thanks!!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Officially you need to have a UK address for Avios.com accounts. Combine my Avios seems to not care at all of the counties of the accounts being used - as long as it is the same person.

(and quite rightly, you could have an IB account with your Spanish address for local offers and a BA account with your UK address for local partners, etc)
Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:24 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:02 am
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by flyoff
Just found this thread after speaking to the Exec Club after having difficulty with ba.com and requesting combining points from Iberia (it wouldn't accept my Iberia membership number and pin). They helped but have moved the points the wrong way BA- Iberia but are struggling to reverse the transaction. I have used the above guide but can't see the combine Avios button at the bottom of the page in my account area in my Iberia account. Does anyone know why this is not visible on all accounts. My account is about 4 months old so this should not be the problem.

I am trying to transfer into a household account at BA - it looks as though this is an issue. I also have a household account at Avios that looks as though it will be a problem too. I am waiting for BA customer services to call back to see if the transaction can be reversed before I speak with Iberia.
I credited som Avios to my IB account which is several several years old, I've never used it before, well the Avios are there but
I'm one of those who can't see the combine Avios button at the bottom of the page in my account area in my Iberia account
Has anyone found a solution to this, and somehow managed to transfer Avios?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I credited som Avios to my IB account which is several several years old, I've never used it before, well the Avios are there but
I'm one of those who can't see the combine Avios button at the bottom of the page in my account area in my Iberia account
Has anyone found a solution to this, and somehow managed to transfer Avios?
Provided you don't have a BA HHA, could you not initiate the transaction from that side? (If you do have an HHA, perhaps move them into an Avios Avios account first?)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I don't see it on Iberia's site either, but it works well enough from avios.com or BAEC
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by teflon
Provided you don't have a BA HHA, could you not initiate the transaction from that side?
I do

Originally Posted by teflon
(If you do have an HHA, perhaps move them into an Avios Avios account first?)
You have to use a UK address for the Avios account, and the address has to match when you transfer from Iberia.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post18022836

#57 not sure if this helps.... risky dependent on state of play of HHA.... but worked fine for me...
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:34 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:01 am
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:16 am
Original Poster

^

So... 4 months after starting this thread I have finally managed to transfer my miniscule number of useless Iberia Plus points over to BA Avios. The recent replies having prompted my to give it another go.

All working fine for me - finally!

The only thing I have changed is to ensure that my IB details are complete (a contact phone number was missing) - so not sure if that was preventing the transfer, or whether some bugs have been fixed recently in the tool. No HHA considerations in this case. Both accounts had been open a number of years.

My only advice to anyone else struggling (and echoing what has previously been posted here) is to ensure that the recorded contact details (email, addresses, phone numbers etc) are complete and identical in both accounts.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:36 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 3:51 am
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by angatol
I've just tried this again and figured out what the problem is.

I moved Iberia+ avios to avios.com to BA HHA. The problem wasn't with the postal address, but was with the email address. I have one email address for iberia, one for avios and one for BA, and it didn't like that. If I changed my avios.com email address to match the account I was transferring from/to, then it worked.
Yup, that worked, thanks.
But according to the T&Cs we're not supposed to use Avios.com

Think about it, Flying Blue is the loyalty programme for 6 airlines (KLM, Air France, Air Europa, Kenya Airways, Aircalin och Tarom) and Miles&More even more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_&...26_More.5B4.5D and the clowns from IAG weren't capable of creating one FFP for
2 (two) airlines which in addition has the same owner.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:46 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 5:40 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.