Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:35 am

Hey everyone! To those who were able to combine their Iberia Avios into BA, what is the due to date of the Avios now? I have some Avios that are due by the end of the month and I want to know if by combining them into my BA account, they'll be renewed. Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by yamyam flyer
I have now contacted Iberiaplus first by email and then by phone. They are categoric that since my BAEC account is a household account Avios can only be transferred from BAEC to Iberiaplus !

I can see no logic for treating household accounts differently in this respect and I really don't want to have to break up the household account for 6 months before I can re-establish it just to effect the combination of my Avios. Is there any BA insider that can advise on any way round this?
From the T&C:
3. Members of a Household Account under the programmes may not use CMA other than (a) from a British Airways Executive Club Household Account to an individual account under the Avios programme or the Iberia Plus programme and (b) from the individual account under the Avios programme to a Household Account under the British Airways Executive programme. Any other Household account transaction will not be permitted under CMA.
So, you should probably disband and reassemble the household account. I wonder, if you disband the household account, it is not there any more, so there should be no time restriction for when to create another one? Or if there is, you can probably choose another member to be the head of the account, so it will be totally different. Just thinking, as I'll probably have to do the same soon.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:06 am

Im having the same problem as yaman.

What an absolute garbage programme this is.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver, AF/KLM Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Accor
Thumbs up Solution...

I have struggled for over a month with the problem of transferring Avios from Iberia Plus to a BA Exec Club Household account

BA and Iberia were not aware of the issue until recently

It doesn't appear to be a fault with the system as text is coded into the application explaining the transfer is one-way only. I guess there must be legal or data protection reasons why the Iberia ---> BAEC HHA isn't possible

I did find an easy solution:

Create an Avios account (with Avios) (I think it needs to have the same email address as the Iberia Plus and BAEC accounts)

Transfer the Avios from your Iberia Plus to your Avios account

Then transfer the Avios from your Avios account to your BA Exec Club Household account

It worked for me - 2 transactions and the Avios were in my BAEC instantly
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:09 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 5:33 am
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by matinée-allstars
I have struggled for over a month with the problem of transferring Avios from Iberia Plus to a BA Exec Club Household account

It doesn't appear to be a fault with the system as text is coded into the application explaining the transfer is one-way only. I guess there must be legal or data protection reasons why the Iberia ---> BAEC HHA isn't possible

Create an Avios account (with Avios) (I think it needs to have the same email address as the Iberia Plus and BAEC accounts)

Then transfer the Avios from your Avios account to your BA Exec Club Household account

Good idea.

I've emailed Iberia asking them to transfer from the Iberia account to Avios.com....fingers crossed.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver, AF/KLM Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Accor
Smile on iberia.com

lfc84

you should be able to do the transfer online on iberia.com however the Combine my Avios function is well-hidden

Login to your Iberia Plus Account

Click "Iberia Plus" in the top header

Click "my Avios" and then "Avios Balance" in the left-hand nav

Scroll to the very bottom of the page and you will see "combine my avios" in very very small letters

You should be able to do the transfer online instantly there

You can do the 2nd transfer online to BAEC at avios.com

Good luck ^^
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:22 am

lfc84

Scroll to the very bottom of the page and you will see "combine my avios" in very very small letters
Thankyou very much for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately I dont see the "combine my avios"....
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:30 am

Smile Avios Balance page

On the Avios Balance Page on Iberia Plus (when you have logged in) the link to "Combine my avios" is at the very bottom on the left-hand side in mini-orange letters below the "movements statement". You need to scroll right to the bottom of the page

It took me an age to discover it....
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:41 am

On the Avios Balance Page on Iberia Plus (when you have logged in) the link to "Combine my avios" is at the very bottom on the left-hand side in mini-orange letters below the "movements statement". You need to scroll right to the bottom of the page

It took me an age to discover it....
Hmm.....im not seeing it:

Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Yes, I still can't find the elusive "Combine my Avios" tool on Iberia.com.

I think it perhaps doesn't display if your Iberia Plus account is deemed "inactive" (as mine appears to be when I have tried the transfer from the BAEC site). I'd definitely be interested in seeing a screen-shot of what I am looking for though.

Next action is going to be an email to the customer service centre - I'm only looking at a tiny number of Avios, hence have held off bothering them thus far.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Probably the tool's visibility it depends on whether the Iberia Plus account is at least 3 months old - if not, you cannot transfer your Avios.
There are too many stupid restrictions in this.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: Carlson Club Concierge, BAEC Gold, LH M&M *S, Marco Polo Gold
lfc84

you should be able to do the transfer online on iberia.com however the Combine my Avios function is well-hidden

Login to your Iberia Plus Account

Click "Iberia Plus" in the top header

Click "my Avios" and then "Avios Balance" in the left-hand nav

You should be able to do the transfer online instantly there

You can do the 2nd transfer online to BAEC at avios.com

Good luck ^^
Thanks matinee-allstars your idea worked a treat. ^^^ I don't have a combine my avios option in my Iberia account (despite being more than 3 months in Iberia), but I used my Avios account to transfer from Iberia to Avios and then Avios to BAEC. Took less than 10 mins in total and now have almost 80,000 avios transferred from Iberia to BAEC without breaking up my household account. Just silly that you have to do it in two stages rather than directly
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:30 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum

Very useful info - thanks. Would this bypass 3 months rule as well?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Very useful info - thanks. Would this bypass 3 months rule as well?

I tried to find out: "Sorry, your selected account has to be three months old to use Combine My Avios. Please try again at this time"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.