Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Palal
I want to transfer avios from IB to BA (I have 1000 avios in IB from a promo) however there's no option in the IB account to do that without paying. Can someone help?
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
You can try to pull it using the functionality in the BA account.

A quick disclaimer that the wording may not be exact as I use the IB website in Spanish.

From the IB account page you have to go to the Buy, gift, transfer avios page.

In small print below the three paid options there is a line that says "Don't forget you can combine your avios with other loyalty programs"

You really have to know where to look for it.
If you don't see it there, probably your account is less than 90 days old. You can try to pull them from avios.com, but won't work with account less then 90 days old
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The link was a bit hidden on the IB page. Thanks everyone!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
If I just opened an IB account a few days ago, do I need to transfer the MR points there, wait 90 days, and then attempt to transfer to BAEC? Or, should I just transfer to IB and call it a day?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I'm not sure I understand the question. It depends on where you want the avios to end up or what you want to do with them. If you want to book Iberia or Vueling flights, you can leave them in IB+. For any other flights it's better to transfer to BAEC (after you wait 90 days)
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by neuromancer
I'm not sure I understand the question. It depends on where you want the avios to end up or what you want to do with them. If you want to book Iberia or Vueling flights, you can leave them in IB+. For any other flights it's better to transfer to BAEC (after you wait 90 days)
I'd like them in BAEC, although I've heard that the points can get lost.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
IB to BA avios for a minor

My minor son has a lot of avios in his IB account. He has a BA account but not have an avios.com account (minors cant have one). So the classic solution does not work. How do I transfer his avios to BA? He is part of a household account.
Thanks folks for your ideas thru PM. R.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
I'm facing the same situation.

I have a BAEC account which is part of household account.
I tried to sign-up Avios.com but just failed because I'm not UK resident.

Are there any ways or tricks to transfer my IB avios to BA avios without UK address?

Thank you!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:43 am

For avios.com, I simply use the street address of my favorite London hotel.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
For avios.com, I simply use the street address of my favorite London hotel.
Thank you for sharing your clever way!

I tried #57 way or disassemble and reassemble.

I and my wife are going to earn 8000 IB avios in a month, I leave it as disassembled.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprngli Connaisseur
Avios.com accounts now available outside UK/RSA with AER CLUB signup

I just got through setting up my AER CLUB account, and as a bonus they 'setup' an Avios.com account. As I have a household account with BAEC, and Iberia Avios, until now I've been unable to transfer from the IB account to the BAEC one.

Until today, when I am now able to transfer via my new Avios.com account that's registered to my Helvitian address.

^
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:27 am

I didn't see this anywhere, but you can't do it exactly on the 90th day that Iberia is open.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duane Haas
I didn't see this anywhere, but you can't do it exactly on the 90th day that Iberia is open.
Thanks. I have updated post #1 to read "over 90 days old" rather than "at least 90 days old".
Old Dec 20, 2016, 11:12 am

I do need your help folks!

Is there any possibility to set up an avios.com account if NOT living in the UK?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by blueeagle3

Is there any possibility to set up an avios.com account if NOT living in the UK?
Set up an Aer Lingus AER CLUB account. It worked for me here in Helvetia. It's actually an avios.com account with a slightly different front-end.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by blueeagle3

I simply use my favorite London hotel street address. It's not as if they need to mail you anything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.