Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Hi All,

I have a bit of a problem here.

I want to (somewhat urgently) transfer avios from my BA family account to my personal Iberia account but unfortunately most the avios in my family account are under my partners name and he does not have an Iberia account.

Is there any workaround to this, via avios.com or otherwise? Can I convert my Iberia Plus account to a family account?

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,
Rob
Your partner could pay to transfer miles to your account, and then you could transfer them to your Iberia account. This would be dependent on whether or not you live at the same address.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...&link=main_nav
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
We live at the same address.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Well, you can't combine in IB+ so you can just have him make an IB account and make whatever redemption you need from that account. The person on the account doesn't actually have to fly on a redemption.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Well, you can't combine in IB+ so you can just have him make an IB account and make whatever redemption you need from that account. The person on the account doesn't actually have to fly on a redemption.
Doesnt an IB account have to open for 3 months before combine avios can be used from BAEC?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I thought that was only to go from IB to BAEC. The other way was fine. Either way, have him open an account and try and transfer 5 avios or something and see if it works.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
You can combine avios for free, via avios.com. Transfer there, create a household account, then divide it and you can say how many avios go to each individual account. This is not quick though, as it involves paperwork
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Blue, VA, Red
What I did was move the amount I needed from BA (household) to Avios.com, my account and then moved them to my IB account. I then moved the residue back from IB, back to Avios, then back to BA.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:04 am

Thanks guys. Ill have a look at going through avios.com
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
My avios account got blocked. I called and they said theres been many pple with the same UK address anyone know any workaround? got stuck with IB avios and need to transfer them to my BAEC household account. Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Raul2014
My avios account got blocked. I called and they said theres been many pple with the same UK address anyone know any workaround? got stuck with IB avios and need to transfer them to my BAEC household account. Thanks
Do you have a UK address that you can make use of?
If so, sort it out that way.

If not, dissolve your HHA.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks David . I will dissolve it .
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Raul2014
Do both the Iberia Plus and BAEC accounts need to have the exact same address?

Is there also a way to transfer miles from another BAEC account (I used another one for business) and there's 700 miles remaining on it that I can't do anything with it but would be helpful if I can add it to my other account with more miles.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
No, no need to have the same physical address, if they have the same email address.

You can transfer from another person's BAEC account in multiples of 1000, but have to pay, so not worth it anyway for 700 miles. I think it is free if you are Gold or GGL, not sure which.
If both BAEC accounts are in your name (same name, same date of birth), you may try to transfer via Iberia. Or just call to have them merged. You can have only one BAEC account, but you may happen to have a duplicate due to some glitch...
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I transferred 80k avois from BA to IB one years ago. And I have no chance to use that. When I tried to transfer IB to BA back. It was always unsuccessful. Today, I opened a avois.com account using an address of UK hotel. First I transferred 500 from BA to avois. It is OK. Then I transferred 80k from IB to avois and it had some login problem and my IB account frozen. I used verification process and changed my pin in IB successfully. And then I successfully transfer 80k from IB to avois.com in avois website. Then I transfer 80500 avois from avois.com to BA successfully.

Hope it is helpful.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Is anybody still able to transfer Avios out of Iberia Plus to either Avios or BA? I just get the message that Avios can only be transferred INTO Iberia. Very frustrating as I didn't see this at first and accidentally transferred the amount I wanted to transfer out of Iberia into Iberia! I've transferred out of Iberia in the past but now can only go one way. Same for BA and Avios grrr.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.