NA sale

Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:00 am
Original Poster

NA sale

There seems to be an ex NA sale on. At least from JFK to LHR. I went online to look at a return JFK-LHR WT+ fare with upgrade to Club using airmiles ...and it is suddenly about $500 less than it was. I purchased a ticket for USD 436.00 + Tax/Fee/Charge USD 830.03 = USD 1266.03. It does not seem to be advertised.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
There is a banner at the top of my US-based homepage showing "Great Fares to London and Europe." Clicking through, I did not see any terms and conditions, just prices from various American cities. Dummy bookings made for late February show $1,072.43 roundtrip from JFK to LHR as well as BWI to LHR in WT+. Just $25 more for a booking from BWI to LHR from 3/16-3/25.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
If you click on the link the URL contains openxcampaign=Nov-Sale

I just looked at the IAH-LHR fares and the T fare is showing as 'TLXNAJBS' so presumably a North America Joint Business sale?

The fare details from itasoftware are:

RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/BEFORE 21MAY 12. ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT ON 15JUN 12

PERMITTED 20OCT 11 THROUGH 16DEC 11 OR 25DEC 11 THROUGH 01APR 12 OR 26OCT 12 THROUGH 16DEC 12 OR 24DEC 12 THROUGH 24MAR 13 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 15NOV 11

So it looks like a 2 week NA sale. I haven't checked the other classes yet. I also haven't checked dates before 20 October - there may be something similar.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Not happy... booked a redemption for 3 people to NYC in Feb from JER, 300,000 BA miles and 990, now I could have gotten an MFU to CW for 1800 and 75,000 BA miles...

Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Good price. WT+ around $1070 ai for Christmas. CW doesn't seem on sale, but Virgin Atlantic have $2182 ai (matching *A carriers) for similar dates in Dec...maybe a match is coming?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by mikey2124
Not happy... booked a redemption for 3 people to NYC in Feb from JER, 300,000 BA miles and 990, now I could have gotten an MFU to CW for 1800 and 75,000 BA miles...

And since redemptions are fully flexible you can cancel them...
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mikey2124
Not happy... booked a redemption for 3 people to NYC in Feb from JER, 300,000 BA miles and 990, now I could have gotten an MFU to CW for 1800 and 75,000 BA miles.
  1. Why can't you book new WT+ tickets and MFU them, then canx the existing redemption bookings?*
  2. What effect could an ex-North America sale have on your ex-Jersey booking anyway?+

* If the answer is that there is currently no MFU space, then count your blessings that you got the award seats when you did.

+ If the answer is that ex-Jersey tickets are cheap now, then surely it's just a coincidence that there's an ex-UK and and ex-NA sale at the same time?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Just checked again, seems that no MFU space is there. Oh well! We had 470,000 BA miles in the HHA when we booked, still got a healthy 166,000. Happy with our booking at the moment, flights timed well etc! Shame we have to go out to EWR on the dorm but we are flying back from JFK and are on the UD.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Somthingorother, et Mucci
Thanks for posting this. Looking at YVR-LHR next April is almost $1000 per person less than typical cost for that route in WT+. Except when I try to book it as an MFU to club - then it charges me the regular price. Very annoying. If I buy the WT+ tickets now it goes into class T. Is T not eligible for MFU? There is availability on my dates.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by wind-blownmind
If I buy the WT+ tickets now it goes into class T. Is T not eligible for MFU? There is availability on my dates.
T is eligible for MFU. You may need to phone; ISTR similar glitches having been reported when sales have been on.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
There's an interesting comment on the AAdvantage forum about the same sale:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...5-slashed.html

I haven't checked to see if the poster is correct.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Hate to mention this since some of the card's holders seem to have generated so much controversy here, but BA is now offering a 10% discount on all bookings in any class made with the Chase BA Visa card. The routes cited in my earlier post are now going for less than $1000 in WT+.

First saw this on The Points Guy's website.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Is it possible to MFU the Chase 10% discounted fare? It is booking into T but there is no option to upgrade during the booking process through the designated website link, nor is there anywhere to apply the couplon code when using the regular BA site.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by HilFly
Is it possible to MFU the Chase 10% discounted fare? It is booking into T but there is no option to upgrade during the booking process through the designated website link, nor is there anywhere to apply the couplon code when using the regular BA site.
I noticed that as well although I didn't go so far as to enter my BA Visa number to see if a box might appear in which to enter the coupon code.

It probably is too good to believe that you could get this fare this low while using MFU, but since CW and First are also being discounted 10%, it's not impossible.

I'm going to follow The Points Guy's comments section to see if anyone has found a clear path to MFU the discounted fare during the initial booking process.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC silver
last week I purchased a round trip LAX-TLV for Jan. 2012 in WT+ and MFU'd to CW and now I stumble across this NA fare sale
It turns out I am paying about $1k more than at the current price offer. I have tried to see if I can cancel but I guess once you MFU the tix becomes highly restricted and if I were to cancel I would only get taxes and surcharges back. If I only waited!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.