Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by Twoflower
Well, as someone who was hoping to do a reward flight to HKG in or around November 2010,
I think you've left it a bit late...

BAH
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So Executive Club and Airmiles will remain as programs, with the latter being re-branded as Avios? Seems so even as the common currency of all the BA and IB programs for retail customers will be Avios points. Common currency allows for points to be more readily moved between BA/IB programs. Can't say I'm surprised.

LHR to TLV is going up by 25% for first class.

Of those changes with lower point costs, most of those reduced prices (in points, but not necessarily in terms of cash) won't benefit me. I expect the sum of the change to redemption ticket price changes to be somewhat negative for me.

.... waiting for the other shoes to drop.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 1, 2011 at 4:39 am
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I am suspicious. Are earning abilities going to change? IE if JFK costs less, do we also earn less by flying there?

I agree with Henkybaby- Adios points would be more fitting- AND it even links with travel.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:31 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Incorrect.
Thanks! Phew ......

So is it likely that LHR>SIN say 180K F and then SIN>SYD 120k F to end up with the 100k economy max for Zone 9?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by uk1
That makes travel from SIN>SYD increased!
I read Zone 9 as "South West Pacific" on the logic that the table is divided into Domestic, Europe Bands 1-3, then L/H Zones 1 (Middle East and North Africa) through 9 (Southwest Pacific).

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
what about the ability to MFU TA bookings or other bookings made with agents other than BA (or worse the ability to upgrade with miles at the Airport like US airlines)
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by origin
I had noticed that. But as we all know BA like to offer sweets and not having anything on offer. In other words whilst they might offer a seat for less how many during peak time will there really be.
Indeed. Nobody said anything about increasing the number of seats reserved for award travel...
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by timmillea
Just received this email from Airmiles. I have had no word from BA EC as yet.Tim.
How rude of us - welcome to FT timmillea !

andhow
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by uk1
Thanks! Phew ......

So is it likely that LHR>SIN say 180K F and then SIN>SYD 120k F to end up with the 100k economy max for Zone 9?
Please note that the line "The BA service from London to Sydney via Singapore remains unaffected" refers only to the fact that it will continue to operate (in the context of the cancellation of BA's flights from BKK to Australia).

The statement was not made in the context of mileage earning/burning opportunities going forward!

(Though I do really think that if SYD was having its redemption levels altered, it would have been announced in this first bulletin)
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LHR-SYD is 100K miles in Y with the relevant multipliers.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by where2travel
If that's all we're grumbling about then overall it can't be too bad. I agree that it's frustrating things like that slip through.

I thought it was "Avios points" and not "Avios" too but it's not clear as the link isn't consistent on this point either.

"A large number of routes will need less Avios than the BA Miles you currently need. But a small number of routes will need more Avios."
Good spot. I had missed that. The terminology seems to be mixed up between "Aviois", "Avios points" and "Avios miles"... or maybe even "Aviois puntos"

Interesting also, that the news doesn't seem to have reached Iberia Plus: http://www.iberia.com/iberiaplus/
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Airmiles say there will be another update on 27th September. I suppose that will be the same for BA
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:42 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
LHR-SYD is 100K miles in Y with the relevant multipliers.
Thanks for clarifying - and LHR>SIN? Is that 60k?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:42 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I am suspicious. Are earning abilities going to change? IE if JFK costs less, do we also earn less by flying there?
Doubtful. You currently earn the same per mile whether you fly to ATH, JFK, SIN or SYD.

Tier points are unlikely to change either, given you currently get the same flying 2200 miles to TLV, as you do on the 6700 miles to SIN.

I guess they want more people to burn their miles on Europe and East Coast TATL -- high competition routes
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I note that all the reduced redemption examples relate specifically to London departures. Does that mean that redemptions from regional airports will remain on the current rate and therefore become comparatively more expensive?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.