Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Nobody knows.

BAH
Really?

So all this Stateside ranting has been based on absolutely......nothing?

What a laugh.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by vineyarder
Lest people think I am a BA apologist or hopeless optimist, I am extremely concerned that all of these changes are merely a smokescreen for a dramatic decrease in availability of award flights, which is really what should be the focus of attention, as taking away availability is the easiest and least transparent way to devalue the currency. Just one example, but last fall I booked 4 RT CW seats on the MIA-LHR-JNB route, and at this time availability was wide open for almost any T/W/R in the summer; looking at the availability calendar now, there is only 1 day all summer I see availability for 4 CW outbound and only 3 dates for return... Looking at some other itineraries, availability is also practically nonexistent.

Whether you think these changes are fabulous, horrendous or insignificant is really immaterial if the availability tanks, so maybe we should really focus on that issue, since without availability the cost of a redemption is moot!
It strikes me that the changes regarding ET and CE are designed to try and encourage more BAEC members to burn miles in Europe rather than on long haul. From memory, I have seen few questions or posts regarding miles for intra-Europe trips compared to the Far East or the US.

Availability may not be being constrained on long haul by anything other than strong demand. BA have noted an increase in demand in premium cabins. Without additional capacity on certain routes, then if BA want to continue making money they will take revenue over redemptions. Some of the 744s coming back from the desert, as well as the additional 77Ws that will arrive in the Spring will give some extra capacity, but I also wonder whether at some later point we may be encouraged onto partner airlines to try and balance demand vs. capacity.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Really?

So all this Stateside ranting has been based on absolutely......nothing?

What a laugh.
Yes, thats what makes it even funnier!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
I really do appreciate your support on this as well as your feedback, questions and queries. Thank you so much for everything so far.

Warm regards

Nicci
Thank you for your help & assistance. I hope you have a nice well deserved break.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FenLandK
It strikes me that the changes regarding ET and CE are designed to try and encourage more BAEC members to burn miles in Europe rather than on long haul. From memory, I have seen few questions or posts regarding miles for intra-Europe trips compared to the Far East or the US.
I believe it is more to do with making intra-Europe trips more attractive as it was acknowledged that they were poor value.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redshift27
Start shopping at Tesco?
I can assure you I would never start shopping at Tesco for anything. On a slightly seperate note I find that their prices are more expensive than other supermarkets. Why would I want to spend more to get miles.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:28 am

N.A.-S.A.

I had planned on using my BA miles for a LAX-EZE/SCL trip. Right now, AA has them for 60,000 miles rt in economy. Is there any substantiated proof that it could become more expensive????
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
I really do appreciate your support on this as well as your feedback, questions and queries. Thank you so much for everything so far.

Warm regards

Nicci
Thanks Nicci - Really appreciate the way you update us here on FT, and put up with all our questions (and lots of unfounded speculation).
Have a nice time away, and welcome to your colleagues Helen and Gauthier .

BBA
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by garygleck
Is there any substantiated proof that it could become more expensive????
No.

BAH
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
would also like to introduce my colleagues Helen and Gauthier who will keep an eye on burning issues and questions too so don't be surprised if you see a couple of new names posting.
Welcome to the Proposition Project Managers! Straight into the deep end.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
It seems to me that IF these changes occur, they are really just correcting a pricing anomaly; if it costs 100K miles RT to fly JFK-EZE on AA or on LAN using AA miles, why should it cost less to use BA miles to fly AA or LAN on that same route, when they are all One World partners? Sure, I used BA miles for that route several times, but it was always with the expectation that someday they would realize it was underpriced, so it is hard to get upset that they are 'correcting' the price.
I don't mind they correct their redemption price, that's fine and understandable. What the major problem is they are announcing the changing without providing the detail. If they really publish the new chart at the same time of the new program launch day (as mentioned in the announcement). Then what BA doing is same as DL and that's definitely not a awful example for customer care.

If BA can announce the redemption rate for certain routes, they must have the completed chart. Why so shy to publish it at this time? Not finished? Fine, please be prepared and make the announcement
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by cchuang1980
If BA can announce the redemption rate for certain routes, they must have the completed chart. Why so shy to publish it at this time? Not finished? Fine, please be prepared and make the announcement
I really can't see how to come to that assumption. Read Nicci's post above - they're still working out some details.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: F
Just one example, but last fall I booked 4 RT CW seats on the MIA-LHR-JNB route, and at this time availability was wide open for almost any T/W/R in the summer; looking at the availability calendar now, there is only 1 day all summer I see availability for 4 CW outbound and only 3 dates for return... Looking at some other itineraries, availability is also practically nonexistent.
Maybe there is something special happening in London next summer?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I really can't see how to come to that assumption. Read Nicci's post above - they're still working out some details.
I did, but don't ignore the other half of your quotation. What if they finishe it in Nov and I only have couple of weeks to react? That doesn't make any sense.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
It is funny how they can give you examples of routes that benefit customers fairly quickly but they are still working on the partners award chart....Please BA, be nice and leave OneWorld awards as they are. They can do whatever they want. But I think when some people talk about dishonesty is because they try to sell you these changes as a way to "help you understand better" the awards when in reality they are thinking "these things were a bargain, we need to fix is ASAP". Be honest, say game over and we'll be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.