Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Phishing email from BA.com today? (BA lurkers please read)

Phishing email from BA.com today? (BA lurkers please read)

Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just realised my one was different from the OPs.....mine came from <[email protected]>.

No harm done.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Correction, the e-mail to forward suspected phishing e-mails to is [email protected]
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by matthandy
Generally companies won't ask you to provide this kind of information.
Slightly OT, but I'm always surprised that both my bank and Amex think it is fine to ring me (usually to query or confirm a particular transaction) and start with "Hello Mr. 66. This is Amex/your Bank. Can you confirm your security details?".

This routintely gets a "no, unless you can prove you're from where you say you are". At which point they say they can't give out any information without me giving up security answers, and so I have to hang up and ring them back.

It's a very odd system.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: EK Gold, SPG Plat, Radisson Gold, BA Silver HHonors Silver A Club, CSA Gold
On a similar topic, if you recieved an email telling you you have won two free tickets to see Jedward, do NOT open it, it contains a link offering two free tickets to see Jedward!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by EuroHannibal
On a similar topic, if you recieved an email telling you you have won two free tickets to see Jedward, do NOT open it, it contains a link offering two free tickets to see Jedward!
Ha Ha, actually that wasn't bad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.