Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Who from Flyertalk would be your ideal BA Crew and why ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

I was watching a programme recently where something slightly similar happened but in a non-aviation environment. So as a bit of fun I was wondering who would be your ideal BA crew on a flight from Flyertalk?

(To save time anyone who wants to post just copy the template at the end.)

Of course I hope there may be some interesting combinations/comments from anyone who may want to post and so let the banter begin!

Of course it goes without saying for me it would start off with check in with

Check in - Sunrisegirl - Any problems would be sorted out with a

then on boarding I would like to find the following crew.

Pilots - Jumbodriver and BAinsiderpilot Safe pairs of hands.

CSD - PUCCI GALORE
Experienced and every passenger would be blessed with the Diamond Hairbrush on entering the plane.

First Class Purser - Prospero
Any issues would be immediately resolved with a 'sprinkling' of the feather duster.

First Class Chef - HIDDY as he knows how to cook properly, especially the sausages

First Class Cabin Crew - Genius 1
He knows what passengers expect but he would have to polish his shoes before each flight.

Club Purser - Bing Bong Boy
As a seasoned traveller and a lover of the CW product who else better to promote it.

Club Crew - Mikey2124
Such an enthuastic young chap and an excellent ambassador for BA.

Jenbel Another experienced traveller and she could answer any questions the BA board can't answer.

Nicci Well need I say any more...........

World Traveller Plus - T8191 He seems to love this cabin!

Sir Origin - A wise man with a British sense of humour.

World Traveller Purser - Can I help You Title says it all!

World Traveller Crew - Matthandy
If the IFE fails he could keep everyone enthralled for hours with a copies of his TRs.

Henkybaby No messing about in the cabin or else passengers will be punished by having to wear Burgundy Tracksuit bottoms for the rest of the flight. He would also fulfil the role as BA's onboard Director of Communications

Bicester Terrier Seems like a cheery chappie who would get on well with the passengers.

Littlegirl Very customer focused ^

================================================== ===

Check in

Pilots

CSD

First Class Purser

First Class Chef

First Class Cabin Crew

Club Purser

Club Crew

World Traveller Plus

World Traveller Purser

World Traveller Crew
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01
World Traveller Crew - Matthandy
If the IFE fails he could keep everyone enthralled for hours with a copies of his TRs.
Eeek! Only WT?

If I was asked to work WT, CIHY would have a lot of annoyed passengers to deal with I have very limited patience with people, so some of them would no doubt end up with orange juice down their front, in the style of PUCCI's revenge!

HIDDY could bring some nice Argentinian steak with him to serve up.

I think that Mikey2124 would have to stay in the galley, away from the free-flowing Champagne and wine, given his age

You should add a couple more roles:

- In-flight exercise instructor, that would of course go to Yahillwe because she is so active!

- On board sommelier - Maybe Petrus? (based on the Champagne and Wine Thread)

Great thread PETER01! I can see lots of upset coming your way

Last edited by matthandy; Aug 14, 2011 at 7:29 pm
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
i have to say, i'm not convinced this thread is a good idea...but each to their own i guess.

tb
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trueblu
i have to say, i'm not convinced this thread is a good idea...but each to their own i guess.

tb
I started this as a light hearted/tongue in cheek thread and it is not intended in any way shape or form to upset anyone. There is an abundance of humour on the BA board and I do hope there may some appropriate and funny responses. If the Mods feel it is not to be continued then so be it.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by PETER01
I started this as a light hearted/tongue in cheek thread and it is not intended in any way shape or form to upset anyone. There is an abundance of humour on the BA board and I do hope there may some appropriate and funny responses. If the Mods feel it is not to be continued then so be it.
Fair enough -- but my simple-minded assessment of the relations on this board, as an outsider to most of the in-joke banter -- is that skins are far thinner than what is outwardly claimed. I don't think it violates TOS, hence I didn't use RPB, but I felt that a contrary opinion, expressed with respect, may prevent hurt later on. Of course, my opinion may be completely off. Such is life.

tb
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold

Thanks for the kind comments PETER01! Obviously, I am delighted to be working with BBB

I really like the idea of this thread- not sure T8191 will when he realises that a 'youth' is further up in the travel class pecking order than he is!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by trueblu

tb
Agreed. I can already see the way this thread will pan out, and it aint pretty!
Far too much ' banter' has all too easily been descending into shrill personal attacks and rantings on here recently, both from long standing posters and newcomers, and dare I say it is making this place not a particularly inclusive or pleasant one to visit.

Last edited by lcyguy; Aug 14, 2011 at 11:19 pm
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:37 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Shameless self nomination for Traveller crew to prove that my chat up lines sometimes work....

I sincerely hope some people reading know what I'm talking about...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I would love to accept the appointment of First Class Purser but in reality my skill set is better suited as a contract cleaner
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero
I would love to accept the appointment of First Class Purser but in reality my skill set is better suited as a contract cleaner
Are you frightened about the hard working PUCCI GALORE?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by lcyguy
Agreed. I can already see the way this thread will pan out, and it aint pretty!
Far too much ' banter' has all too easily been descending into shrill personal attacks and rantings on here recently, both from long standing posters and newcomers, and dare I say it is making this place not a particularly inclusive or pleasant one to visit.
I think the "Banter" does serve some useful purpose, some members may be working away from home and want to relax at the end of the day, some may be sat in lounges and not up for a full debate on the idiosyncracies of the system, some may like to keep in touch with "home", some may work for BA and like to chat with customers in a more relaxed setting.

There are threads about every relevant topic imaginable, a sticky, a dashboard and help for New posters, all the rest is just "bandwidth" for those who arent interested

Perhaps we should have a "BA jet blast" a la PPRUNE to filter out some of the chatter
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I'd just have SRG in all positions! She comes across as a very nice, kind helpful person, a credit to her employer.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by botham
I'd just have SRG in all positions! She comes across as a very nice, kind helpful person, a credit to her employer.
But we would need to get the people on the plane. She is the best person to do so.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If it wasn't for her bad back I think she would give every position a go.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:20 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I'd just have SRG in all positions!
Indeed! Where in that Hot Tub.

Thank you for nominating me as Leaderine of the Gang. I will accept all the nominations except for sanity's sake I would like CIHYas the First Class Purser please and HIDDY can go down the back where his talents would be best appreciated.

I think that First is best served by smooth and suave rather than rough and ready.

Problem is Sweetheart that we do not crew quite this way any more but since this is mixed bag if not mixed fleet we won't worry ourselves on that score.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.