Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways First Class Review - London to Mumbai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: As many as I can!

I posted my trip report on BA First Class from London to Mumbai on my blog and in the trip report section of FT.

BA First was excellent (and much better than those awful first class experiences on US airlines). A few readers even commented that the new BA First was similar to a private jet.

I was very impressed with the Concorde Room and BA First, and I'm looking forward to redeeming a 2-for-1 with BA soon.

Hope you enjoy the trip report!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets
A few readers even commented that the new BA First was similar to a private jet.
Funny you should mention that with this thread going on here today: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...vate-jets.html

Great photos and nice TR!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Shaping up to be a nice report.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by eddy67; Aug 10, 2011 at 11:31 am Reason: Error on my part ....
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Very nice pix and report!^

The food looks fantastic - trust everything tasted as good as it looks!

It's really great to hear about some all-around positive experience on BA F!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

@evanderm - Interesting thread on private jets. I suspect that a 777 with great seats and interior decor will likely be a better experience than a smaller plane with good seats and decor.

@eddy67 - Thanks! It was a nice trip.

@Capricorn70 - I don't understand why folks wouldn't like the new First on BA. I think the BA award chart is inflated (compared to US airlines), but the product and service beats any US airline hands down!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:40 pm

@evanderm - Interesting thread on private jets. I suspect that a 777 with great seats and interior decor will likely be a better experience than a smaller plane with good seats and decor.
I wouldn't know, I've not flown either BA First or Private Jet.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:45 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Was it maybe Teece you met?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by andset1191
Was it maybe Teece you met?
Funny I was thinking that too....
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:39 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Great TR the seats certainly did look nice and as you say almost brand new. Food looks delicious as well, and the puddings, well they looked as though they were to die for. So glad you both had a good TR, and hope you have a very pleasant and memorable trip back to UK, we expect a TR on return^
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:55 am
Original Poster

@andset1191 & Jimmie76 - It could be Teece, if he is a tall lanky gent with a talent with the ladies, since he spent quite some time in the galley with the flight attendants and I could hear the laughter in my seat!

@BA5E
- Thanks. BA has a clear advantage with their new First Class cabin. Even the private suites on Jet are not as nice as the BA seats. The return journey was on Jet Airways, and I'll post a trip report soon!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Funny I was thinking that too....
Yes, it was me. Although that wasn't the handle the OP gave me at the time. This was back in December - the TR has obviously been a while in the making
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Teece
Yes, it was me. Although that wasn't the handle the OP gave me at the time. This was back in December - the TR has obviously been a while in the making
I just started blogging 3 months ago, so I changed my handle. Nice to reconnect over here!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
I just started blogging 3 months ago, so I changed my handle. Nice to reconnect over here!
Well that clears that up then. Nice TR by the way. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.