Wiki Posts
Search

Special fare to LHR from SYD [in F]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP, SQ PPS,QFLTG, EK Silver,SPG Gold, HH Diamond ,Amex Centurion
Smile Special fare to LHR from SYD [in F]

Mods if I have posted this in the wrong place, please feel free to move it! BA are having an amazing special fare from Sydney to London at the moment. Basically it's a club fare travelling in First.

The fare comes out with taxes at around $8050 for a return first class flight to London. Stopovers are allowed and it's "reasonably" flexible.. i.e flight changes are allowed, but no re-vals.

I am not sure if it's on BA's Website, but my travel agent emailed me a copy of the fare, and which I booked today.

Regards

James
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Which dates?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Book before Wednesday 17Aug11 and you can fly to Europe with British Airways in First class for the price of a Business Class Seat! With fares for $6,995 per person plus taxes for departures until 31Mar12. Be quick to book as availability is strictly limited.

$6995 is ex tax.. as long as you depart before March 12th, you can return within the year.

Hope you find it useful! I did!!

James
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:26 am

Got it! Am seriously thinking about going home for Christmas now.

$8,008.14 all in.
I chose outbound 22nd Dec, return 6th of Jan.

As a comparison, QF would like $19,000, for the same dates.

Last edited by matthandy; Aug 1, 2011 at 7:33 am
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by matthandy
Got it! Am seriously thinking about going home for Christmas now.

$8,008.14 all in.
I chose outbound 22nd Dec, return 6th of Jan.

As a comparison, QF would like $19,000, for the same dates.

Does this fare mean you have to book with and fly BA or could you fly BA codeshare on the whale jet ?

Im hoping you book it, that would mean another trip report to look forward too !!

cs
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Come with me via singapore on the 19th! Im going home for Christmas as well! It's great value and honestly so much cheaper than QF or EK et al... Im doing a stopover in SIN on the night of the 19th, and onwards to London on the 20th.. I might see you on the 20th from Singapore!

James
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by PSICA
Come with me via singapore on the 19th! Im going home for Christmas as well! It's great value and honestly so much cheaper than QF or EK et al... Im doing a stopover in SIN on the night of the 19th, and onwards to London on the 20th.. I might see you on the 20th from Singapore!

James
Double dipping on the tps for this trip by any chance ??
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Booking conditions state that you have to use BA metal and BA flight no's, so no A380. Hopefully by then the NF will have been fitted to all BA Metal! According to Tracking NF, the 777 from SYD is 100%, so fingers crossed for the other sectors!

James
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Does this fare mean you have to book with and fly BA or could you fly BA codeshare on the whale jet ?

Im hoping you book it, that would mean another trip report to look forward too !!
Nope, sadly no A380, that would be amazing! Thanks, donations to the matthandy trip report fund please

Good plan! Seriously thinking about it, although the 19th might be a bit early for me, as work won't have finished by then.

Booking it as seperate segments would put me 100 TP's short of Gold too.
What have you done....!!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:52 am

What have you done....!!
Maybe a little tp run in the UK while you back at Xmas ? I hear that Jersey is very good value for a CE day return should you need 80 tp's !

cs
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Nope, sadly no A380, that would be amazing! Thanks, donations to the matthandy trip report fund please

Good plan! Seriously thinking about it, although the 19th might be a bit early for me, as work won't have finished by then.

What have you done....!!
Haha.. well I woke up this morning and never thought i'd be booking a 3rd return trip to London this year.. Just take the extra days holiday, it would be fun to travel with another flyertalk regular! Im on the BA16 if that helps! Go on.. do it.. you know you want to...

James
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:27 am

What have you done....!!
Haha.. well I woke up this morning and never thought i'd be booking a 3rd return trip to London this year.. Just take the extra days holiday, it would be fun to travel with another flyertalk regular! Im on the BA16 if that helps! Go on.. do it.. you know you want to...

James
Just think what an amazing trip report we would get from both of you traveling together !!!

cs
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
deleted post!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond

What have you done....!!
... and the insidious addiction slowly starts to take hold.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

So Did you decide to book in the end? If so.. what dates?

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.