Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Access in Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 12:59 am
Original Poster

BA Lounge Access in Frankfurt

We fly in C to LHR and in F to BGI.

Do we get access to JAL First Class Lounge or (only) to JAL Sakura Lounge?

Return flight: Access to Concorde Room in LHR?
Arrival in LGW First Class, connecting flight in C to FRA.

Remark: Blue card holder
Old May 24, 2011, 1:03 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Only the Sakura Lounge. Although I have tried asking why not the First Class Lounge there is a sudden lack of English. I "think" that you have to be flying JAL First Class to get access. But I could be wrong.
Old May 24, 2011, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
CCR in LHR yes.
Old May 24, 2011, 1:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Welcome to FlyerTalk, Jetfriend,

You will be entitled to use either the Sakura or First Class lounge at FRA but do note the First Class lounge is only open for a short period of the day, usually 3 hours before the departure of JAL's daily FRA-NRT service. This flight currently leaves FRA at 21:05.
Old May 24, 2011, 1:30 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Jetfriend
Remark: Blue card holder
I'm guessing not for much longer. Welcome to Flyertalk.
Old May 25, 2011, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I don't think there should be a problem using the JAL First Class lounge at FRA - it seems as though they don't like oneworld Emeralds using the F lounge, but oneworld first class should be fine.

So in summary;

Outbound you can use JAL First Class lounge at FRA, followed by the BA Galleries First lounge at LGW.

Inbound you can use the BGI IAM Jet Centre at BGI, followed by the arrivals lounge in the Sofitel hotel if you so wish at LGW, and then the BA Concorde Room at LHR.
Old May 25, 2011, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Great answer, Genius1 - covers all my concerns. Many thanks

Originally Posted by Genius1
I don't think there should be a problem using the JAL First Class lounge at FRA - it seems as though they don't like oneworld Emeralds using the F lounge, but oneworld first class should be fine.

So in summary;

Outbound you can use JAL First Class lounge at FRA, followed by the BA Galleries First lounge at LGW.

Inbound you can use the BGI IAM Jet Centre at BGI, followed by the arrivals lounge in the Sofitel hotel if you so wish at LGW, and then the BA Concorde Room at LHR.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Final answer after return

In Frankfurt with F-ticket access only to JAL Sakura Lounge (C) - F-Lounges opens at 4 p.m..
Summary: No F-Lounge for departuring BA passengers for 4 p.m. available.
Sakura C-Lounge: poor food; but near to gate.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Is access to a lounge (J or F side) granted to GCH traveling in Y on BA?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:52 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Of course! Why wouldn't it be?

[If you are asking what I think you are asking.]
Old Jun 8, 2011, 6:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by David-A
Of course! Why wouldn't it be?
Well, if they don't like BAEC Golds in F section, I assumed that we may not be welcomed in the J section as well.

For some reason I thought there was an airport or two in Europe where BA did not have its lounge hwere only ticketed CE pax could gain access.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Access to the JAL Sakura (business class) lounge is no problem.

I haven't departed FRA as Gold, but it can't hurt to push the point a little at reception that access should technically be to the First Class lounge.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Platinum, M&M Senator (thanks FB), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Genius1
Access to the JAL Sakura (business class) lounge is no problem.

I haven't departed FRA as Gold, but it can't hurt to push the point a little at reception that access should technically be to the First Class lounge.
travelling from FRA every 2 weeks, and since the BA lounge has been closed never had a problem accessing the F lounge (quite often alone in it).

However the food offering is not better than in the Sakura lounge, you get extra:
plum, bonito, salmond in a rice kind of triangle (Japanese Sandwich ?) and sea weeds.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by flyerbb
...... salmond in a rice kind of triangle (Japanese Sandwich ?)
Sounds like something for the Scottish tabloids to investigate further......
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by flyerbb
travelling from FRA every 2 weeks, and since the BA lounge has been closed never had a problem accessing the F lounge (quite often alone in it).

However the food offering is not better than in the Sakura lounge, you get extra:
plum, bonito, salmond in a rice kind of triangle (Japanese Sandwich ?) and sea weeds.
I think it must be as others have posted. The JAL F lounge doesn't open until after 16:00 or so. Prior to that standard eligiibility rules apply to the Sakakura area to the left of reception.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.