Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Sign in using an external account

Old May 21, 11, 2:30 pm   #1

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Booking AA (or any partner) with BA miles?

It's my first thread and I hope I don't get grilled for being ignorant but...

I've never redeemed miles through a partner but now I have 100K BA miles and I hear people say that if you book with AA you won't have to pay as many fees (like fuel charges). But do I do that through the BA website? Will AA.com take BA miles?
Thanks!
travelisfree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 11, 2:57 pm   #2

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I did a 10 part series on how to best use BA miles. Here is the post on how to book a partner award. In the example, I used LAN, but the process is the same for any partner. I suggest reading through my series for a better understanding of fees/process/whats doable, etc.
Old May 21, 11, 4:10 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

If you want to redeem BA miles, you must do so with BA -- regardless of which airline you will be flying. Some partner redemptions can be done online; others can only be done by calling the BAEC Service Center.

If you are in or near a U.S. city served by Aer Lingus and want to use your miles for a trip between the U.S. and Europe without paying high fuel surcharges, call the BAEC Service Center and try to redeem for flights on EI via Dublin or Shannon.
guv1976 is offline   Reply With Quote