Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT: Is your profile accurate/exciting? Who's Profile/Signature do you like best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Is your profile accurate/exciting? Who's Profile/Signature do you like best?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 8:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Yes a bit OT but so are a few other recent threads started but there is a BA element. I always have a little look at profiles if I am not familiar with the member.

I suspect that there may be quite a few Gold's who are Silvers, Silvers who are Blues and the question I ask is how accurate/exciting is your profile?

I think it can cause confusion sometimes as people ask about paying for seats and people replying when in fact they are Blue or a Gold is pointed to the Goldline then they reveal they are in fact Silver. Crossed wires and all that.

Moving on, Sunrisegirl apparently has 2 MUCCi's and not on her profile. I mean isn't this the highest award on the BA forum bestowed by HRH Miss Galore?

So

1) Is your profile accurate regarding your status?

2) Could you make it more exciting and how?

3) Who's profile or/and signature do you like best?

I will start off so yes I am a Blue

I am thinking of something

I like PUCCi's "Rock on which HIDDY's perish"

I quite like London Andy's signature as well as Henkybaby's

LA's is by a great icon the other, well I don't know if it belongs to anyone but simple and true!!

Last edited by PETER01; May 18, 2011 at 10:00 am
Old May 18, 2011, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by PETER01
Moving on, Sunrisegirl apparently has 2 MUCCi's and not on her profile. I mean isn't this the highest award on the BA forum bestowed by HRH Miss Galore?
Err, make that three I've just been given another one

Originally Posted by PETER01
So

1) Is your profile accurate regarding your status?

2) Could you make it more exciting and how?

3) Who's profile or/and signature do you like best?

I will start off so yes I am a Blue

I am thinking of something

I like PUCCi's "Rock on which HIDDY's perish"

I quite like London Andy's signature as well as Henkybaby's

LA's is by a great icon the other, well I don't know if it belongs to anyone but simple and true!
I removed a lot of things from my status in case they ID'd me. But I will put my MUCCI's back on - as you say they're the most important thing anyway!

But yes I am silver for a few more months and almost three quarters of the way to achieving it again.

We could make it more exciting perhaps by having avatars which give a hint of our true character and add a little fun and colour.

Profile and signature I like best - you'll have to give me some time to think of that
Old May 18, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: Losing status by the day
Not strictly a sig, but spotwelder's "Happy Landings" sign-off makes me laugh every time I see it.
Old May 18, 2011, 9:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I hide the fact that I'm a Playboy Billionaire who travels from one jetset haunt to another.

henkybaby has shown the kind of unwanted attention from women that one gets when too flashy with the status of one's mileage account.
Old May 18, 2011, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
My personal fave was from Jumbodriver - They're trying to make me go to Riyadh....
Old May 18, 2011, 9:16 am

I too try and keep it reasonably anonimous while trying to give a vague feeling of something about me. But its a tough balance to strike. I have noticed that some profiles, not on this forum of course, do strike one as being a little 'inflated' - rather counter productive of course.

Which reminds me... I have a friend who was unfortunately forced to dump her boyfriend over the silliest little thing (It turns out that apart from being an ugly goit he was also a lying cheating smeg who was three-timing her - pleased to say he has ended up with none of the gals). Anyway, she's now doing the interwebby dating thing, and was telling me about some of the things guys put down to describe themselves to their prospective partner. Most are way too blue to put on, mainly coming from the pervs I guess. But one guy stands out in my mind: "I am more than a sensitive and experienced lover". My guess is that you have just made a grab for the nearest bucket too! Against my better judgement she has had 3 sucessful dates with a chap called Trevor - not sure I can see her spending her life with a Trevor (With apologies to all the Trevors I have jsut upset).
Old May 18, 2011, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I like the signature

and how
Sometimes that is very funny.
Old May 18, 2011, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I find it strange why members have to show their status with airline and hotel programmes....does it really matter what colour your cards are? If it does, then please keep them up to date.
"GGL" is becoming ever more popular I notice.
Old May 18, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I find it strange why members have to show their status with airline and hotel programmes....does it really matter what colour your cards are? If it does, then please keep them up to date.
I think it is useful when the poster had questions or how he might have answered a question in a certain way, but like you say, people needs to keep them updated :]
Old May 18, 2011, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Sometimes it helps when answering a question by the poster. If you know (s)he is a Gold or Silver you may respond differently. The funny ones are the questions that are obviously from a non status holder who says GGL in his profile (yeah, no 'her' here, woman don't do this as much). Don't have a direct example but I remember one where a GGL was complaining about reward availability in WT.
Old May 18, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm Lord Lucan, I've a pet called Shergar and I live next door to Elvis.

And, I recently had a good meal in CW.

All true, honestly!
Old May 18, 2011, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I find it strange why members have to show their status with airline and hotel programmes....does it really matter what colour your cards are?
Wow! And you've been around for 15,459 posts?
Old May 18, 2011, 9:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Err, make that three I've just been given another one

Three now, that's amazing. Your profile looks much better now.
Old May 18, 2011, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Wow! And you've been around for 15,459 posts?

I've caught far too many members out to take the profile thing seriously. I'm stalking Genius1's profile at the moment....that BD Gold of his must be due to expire soon.
Old May 18, 2011, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
As my signature almost always links to my latest trip report, surely I win the award for the best signature?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.