Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK: CW vs F. I get it now...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by henkybaby
The desert was so good I ate it all before I remembered I should have taken a picture...
Was that the treacle tart with the clotted cream? I thought that was nice when I had it on Saturday.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:47 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

That food looks really good! ^
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Originally Posted by GaryK84
My question might be more appropriate for the seat thread but I'll ask it here in any case: in hindsight, would you have chosen another seat? I'm in 5A LHR-EZE-LHR in the coming weeks and after reading your comments started feeling a bit worried...
I would not. I would choose the one with aisle access in the rear (smaller) CW cabin. However, given that the lack of elbow space is more annoying than the lack of windows I would probably check if there is still a middle pair available and pick that.
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I wanted to ask about henkybaby's comment about picking a pair of center seats instead of 5A. Specifically, when and how would one select one of a pick a pair of middle seats without fear of someone else getting stuck in the other seat?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by anabolism
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I wanted to ask about henkybaby's comment about picking a pair of center seats instead of 5A. Specifically, when and how would one select one of a pick a pair of middle seats without fear of someone else getting stuck in the other seat?
You can't I'm afraid.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:56 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by anabolism
Book the other seat too (in someone else's name who then becomes a no show)?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Cost of that would be?

Also for a no show there no guarantee that someone wouldn't be put in that seat once it is realised they are a no show.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:05 am

I would say that behaviour would be morally reprehensible.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:29 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13D15 Safari/601.1)

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I would say that behaviour would be morally reprehensible.
Indeed. A bit like an airline selling seats on a flight it has no intention to operate.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Can you pay for an extra seat in CW (as you can in economy, if you need to elevate your injured leg or whatever)?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:47 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Only on BA...

You could book one of the increasing number of airlines that are adopting reverse Herringbone seats in business. To name a few I've flown on off my head American, Finnair, Qatar, Cathay, EVA, Air Canada, Delta.

I know a lot of people consider CW good value, but in my mind you'd be mad to pay anything but a bargain basement I class sale fare or a CW fare that was being GUF2 or Avois upgraded to F for that seat given the state of the competition.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13D15 Safari/601.1)

Indeed. A bit like an airline selling seats on a flight it has no intention to operate.
Why on earth would any airline do that?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Why on earth would any airline do that?
Depending on your view somehere between lazy flight planning & taking money under false pretences. There's a long thread on it recently.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:18 am

Depending on your view somehere between lazy flight planning & taking money under false pretences. There's a long thread on it recently.
I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

I too am unclear what thread/thought/practice you mean and it strikes me as a bit bizarre, but to take the idea at face value, if an EU-based airline did that, it would be a rather expensive game to play as they would have to allow the booked passengers on their choice of the first available flight available or any other date they wish within the validity of the ticket and possibly pay them significant compensation on the basis of EC261/2004. This is much like allowing free changes (including onto other airlines if need be) on all types of tickets including restricted ones. For what benefit exactly?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:32 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Biggest difference for me between (main deck) CW and F is the crew service. Slick and personal in F, whereas in CW they're simply spread too thin in the 'dormitory' of 777.

The UD, with the two crew working a relatively small cabin, is much closer to F service levels as a result.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.