BA refuses to give me a clear receipt

Subscribe
I recently exchanged a LHR-BOS-LHR ticket for a LCY-ZRH return ticket.
Unfortunately, the reissued ticket does not show the actual new price. It just shows the additional amount collected and doesn't reference the first ticket as being accepted as another form of payment.
I need to be reimbursed from my client so I need a clear transaction receipt.
I asked BA in LCY and by phone for a clearer receipt, simply showing the new ticket price- but no dice.
It seems pretty ridiculous that a company cannot give me the detail of what I purchased.... Does anyone have any insights or suggestions here?
Thanks!
You're not alone... I have the same problem with a ticket issued in norway and subsequently changed in South Africa (for a fee). Spoken 3 times to Norway CS and they promise to chase SA and send to me... But I'm still waiting (3 months on).

It really shouldn't be this difficult.

Quote: I recently exchanged a LHR-BOS-LHR ticket for a LCY-ZRH return ticket.
Unfortunately, the reissued ticket does not show the actual new price. It just shows the additional amount collected and doesn't reference the first ticket as being accepted as another form of payment.
I asked BA in LCY and by phone for a clearer receipt, simply showing the new ticket price- but no dice.
It seems pretty ridiculous that a company cannot give me the detail of what I purchased.... Does anyone have any insights or suggestions here?
Thanks!
Quote: I recently exchanged a LHR-BOS-LHR ticket for a LCY-ZRH return ticket.
Thanks!
I recently changed the time of a flight which cost an additional £350 (booking into Y class) - reclaimable from client.

I then followed up this change to upgrade to Club as the cost was relatively small (less than £100 which I am paying out of my own pocket).

I was only sent one receipt by email which was the cost of the upgrade to club which I can't claim. Can BA find a way to send me the claimable receipt for £350? No they can't. They can only send me the receipt for the latest transaction on the booking. Madness...
Quote: I recently changed the time of a flight which cost an additional £350 (booking into Y class) - reclaimable from client.

I then followed up this change to upgrade to Club as the cost was relatively small (less than £100 which I am paying out of my own pocket).

I was only sent one receipt by email which was the cost of the upgrade to club which I can't claim. Can BA find a way to send me the claimable receipt for £350? No they can't. They can only send me the receipt for the latest transaction on the booking. Madness...
Do you not have the e-ticket for the original flight booked (one email)? This will have the cost breakdown.
Quote: Do you not have the e-ticket for the original flight booked (one email)? This will have the cost breakdown.
Yes, I have the original receipt for when i first booked the flight for about £250. I then had to change the return flight (another £350). I then upgraded the return for £90ish. So I need to claim £600 (£250 + £350) but can't get the receipt for the £350. Grrrr...
The problem in producing both receipts is that there is no cross-referencing between the two tickets. Other airlines will give do something similar to the following.
They state
New Ticket Value= $1200 (BA doesn't show this)
Less Original Ticket Value exchanged(number included) = $1000 - (BA doesn't show this)
Penalty= $200 (BA doesn't show this)
Amount collected: $400.

I actually think I am entitled to a proper receipt for a transaction. I have nothing that shows me the fare of the new ticket. It's absolutely ludicrous. What if I need it for tax purposes???? They surely do, which means that they DO have the information but just are too incompetent to lay it out properly.
I think that this is due to 'legacy' issues. That is, the GDS' are constrained by the old school technology they embody and adding greater flexibility to the receipt process would be uneconomic.
Here's a related question.

I make a redemption. Fuel surcharges increase. I make a change to the award ticket and have to pay the increased fuel surcharge. If I now cancel the ticket, I get back the miles, but do I get back all the taxes and cumulative surcharges?
That's pretty pathetic. Even poor old SA manages to give me a reciept every time money changes hands. Two days ago I changed the time of my flight at the airport and had to pay a fee. Was given (without asking) a receipt for the sum paid - a princely ZAR171.
Quote: Yes, I have the original receipt for when i first booked the flight for about £250. I then had to change the return flight (another £350). I then upgraded the return for £90ish. So I need to claim £600 (£250 + £350) but can't get the receipt for the £350. Grrrr...
Assuming you didn't buy the original ticket with cash, your credit card statement will show the original amount separately, and mine (BA AMEX) gives a brief description of the ticket route etc.
Any use ? but you do have to wait a few weeks for the statement.
Quote: Assuming you didn't buy the original ticket with cash, your credit card statement will show the original amount separately, and mine (BA AMEX) gives a brief description of the ticket route etc.
Any use ? but you do have to wait a few weeks for the statement.
Again, yes- I will see the two transactions. But if I'm a business owner why would I reimburse you a different amount than what's on the actual receipt? The problem would be even somewhat resolved if BA even just listed somewhere- anywhere- the price of the new ticket! Without that there's no paper trail. What irks me is that they have this internally but refuse to give it to me. £450 return to Zurich and I can't get a receipt? Come on!
I don't know whether this approach would work in the UK (?), but in Australia/NZ a merchant is required to give a tax invoice, and very quickly airlines (or any other merchant) will sort themselves out if you make noises about informing the relevant tax authorities.

There was a thread about this and Virgin Blue a few years ago. Perhaps that sort of scare tactic would work in this case.
Quote: I don't know whether this approach would work in the UK (?), but in Australia/NZ a merchant is required to give a tax invoice, and very quickly airlines (or any other merchant) will sort themselves out if you make noises about informing the relevant tax authorities.

There was a thread about this and Virgin Blue a few years ago. Perhaps that sort of scare tactic would work in this case.
Excellent idea... :-)
Quote: Does anyone have any insights or suggestions here? Thanks!
You should contact BA Customer Relations and ask that they send you a letter, containing the relevant details.
Quote: I don't know whether this approach would work in the UK (?), but in Australia/NZ a merchant is required to give a tax invoice, and very quickly airlines (or any other merchant) will sort themselves out if you make noises about informing the relevant tax authorities.

Quote: Excellent idea... :-)
The minor issue being that in the UK flights are not subject to VAT, so BA won't issue a VAT receipt.