AA Milesaver and Anytime Award...

Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
AA Milesaver and Anytime Award...

Seeing that I'll be coming into about 200,000 BA miles and I can use them on AA...

In looking over how to redeem BA miles I noticed that there are AA awards available. But I didn't notice anyplace where they showed the 2 different types of awards. 25,000 miles for Milesaver and 50,000 for Anytime.

Does BA not recognize these two types of awards?

I did notice that I can do miles and "co-pay". Something that AA doesn't offer.

Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

MileSAAver and AAnytime awards are features of AA's program, not BA's. When you redeem BA miles for travel on AA, the award inventory comes out of MileSAAver inventory.

BA only offers capacity-controlled awards (like AA's MileSAAvers), even on BA flights. Additional award-seat availability may be made offered on BA flights to those with status in BA's FFP.

Also, note that when you redeem BA miles for travel on AA, BA's award chart and award rules apply, not AA's.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Thanks for the info.

Just to be clear....

There is no option to spend more miles to get a seat? (unless one has BA status. And AA status does not matter)

All awards are capacity controlled?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are correct.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.