Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Mile Bonus For Chase Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Nobody is saying they should. The whole point is the BA imposed fuel surcharge is significantly above other market players.
I had not realised that this was a discussion about microeconomic business decisions For
the avoidance of doubt, I dislike the fuel surcharge as much as the next person.

My sole point was to question why there is a view that BA should not pass along taxes for
redemption flights. I appreciate that it makes a benefit less so because it has some strings
attached, namely a monetary payment.

H
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by Hoch
I had not realised that this was a discussion about microeconomic business decisions For
the avoidance of doubt, I dislike the fuel surcharge as much as the next person.

My sole point was to question why there is a view that BA should not pass along taxes for
redemption flights. I appreciate that it makes a benefit less so because it has some strings
attached, namely a monetary payment.

H
I don't believe anyone has suggested that BA should not pass along taxes - the question is whether or not they should pass on the fuel surcharge (YQ) which is a BA imposed charge, not a government one.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:33 pm

Anyone know if this offer is still valid? I can't get the link to work when I click on the "Apply Now" link from Britishairways.com US site.

Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by Ross0
Anyone know if this offer is still valid? I can't get the link to work when I click on the "Apply Now" link from Britishairways.com US site.

Thanks
Worked for me yesterday ...
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:46 pm

Newbie here. I am considering applying for this card. I can't figure out the BA website. Does anyone know what the fuel surcharge is RT from HOU to HNL.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Welcome to FlyerTalk, linda705,

You can use the ITA website to estimate the amount of taxes/fees/surcharges you can expect to pay on a BAEC redemption.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

For a HOU-HNL coach fare, ITA lists the following taxes/fees:
US Transportation Tax (US) $14.11
US Alaska/Hawaii Departure Tax (US) $16.40
US September 11th Security Fee (AY) $10.00
US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) $16.50
US Flight Segment Tax (ZP) $14.80

Note, not all of the above are fixed fees: the US Transportation Tax is calculated as a percentage of the base fare (7.5%) and thus works out as zero against a redemption fare.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:14 am

Smile

Thanks! Thanks for sharing the link to the ITA website.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob
Does anyone know if you can still qualify for this offer if you already hold a UA Chase Visa?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by riposte
Does anyone know if you can still qualify for this offer if you already hold a UA Chase Visa?
That is up to Chase but if you don't have too many accounts already open with them (3+), then you should still be approved (credit pending) and you would qualify for this.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Prospero

You can use the ITA website to estimate the amount of taxes/fees/surcharges you can expect to pay on a BAEC redemption.

Note, not all of the above are fixed fees: the US Transportation Tax is calculated as a percentage of the base fare (7.5%) and thus works out as zero against a redemption fare.
I believe that some of the fixed fees only apply to cash tickets, so the BA fees for an award ticket HOU-DFW-HNL are likely to be minimal. A dummy booking done at ba.com will display the actual fees.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by riposte
Having another Chase-issued frequent flyer program card (UA) itself will not cause you to be ineligible for this offer (I have both). As infamousdx has mentioned, it is a function of your total credit relationship with the bank.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA Mileage-Plus, AA Advantage, DL SkyMiles,
Anyone else get a follow-up call from Chase after submitting the application?

I applied for the BA Visa from my Chase.com account. I just got a call from Chase's fraud department just now to ask a few security questions such as who my car loan was through, a previous address of mine, and some other questions. I don't remember going through any of these questions when I opened up my UA Chase credit card.

After I answered her questions she put me on hold to finish submitting the application and came back saying it was successfully submitted; however the approval decision would be mailed within 14 days.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero

So an award flight from ORD-HNL on American would just require us to pay these/similar taxes?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Mileage-Plus, AA Advantage, DL SkyMiles,
Anyone receive their card yet?

I just called the Chase Credit Card 800# to check the status of my application. The automated system said I was approved, announced my credit line and interest rate, and said I should have received the card by now.

Has anyone else gotten their BA Chase card from this offer? I think last Wednesday was when I applied and then received a follow-up call on Sunday. I wouldn't think this would be enough time to have already received the card.

The system gave me the option to report that I had not received the card, but I chose not to select it as I didn't want the one in transit to be scrapped and have to wait for a re-issue.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by rufftackle
I just called the Chase Credit Card 800# to check the status of my application. The automated system said I was approved, announced my credit line and interest rate, and said I should have received the card by now.

Has anyone else gotten their BA Chase card from this offer? I think last Wednesday was when I applied and then received a follow-up call on Sunday. I wouldn't think this would be enough time to have already received the card.

The system gave me the option to report that I had not received the card, but I chose not to select it as I didn't want the one in transit to be scrapped and have to wait for a re-issue.

Which 800 number did you call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.