Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Clinic Thread - The TP’s and miles for MFU haven’t posted correctly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This is a very common problem. You should earn the relevant TP’s and miles for the base fare you booked. So for a UK to US WT+ to J MFU you’d expect to receive the relevant miles and 150TP’s. However, a glitch means that BA’s system ‘see’ the flight as pure redemption and it credits as an ineligible flight.
Do not panic! This can be fixed by:

• Calling BAEC in your home country

• If they are unable to fix, PM ba.com helper on FT for help

• In extremis a PM to Nicci (BA Executive Club) will sort this for you
Old Apr 1, 2011, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Gold, KLM Gold
It's a common problem - I have pretty much had 100% hit on it for MFUs in the last 2-3 years. How long has it been a problem and why can't it be fixed?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:11 am

I've had an interesting derivative of the MFU not posting bug. Flew LIN-LHR, LHR-HKG on an MFU from J to F. The long haul F leg posted correctly, but the short haul CE one was marked as ineligible. Guessing a quirk of the system - will take it up with BAEC on my return...
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
I've had a similarly strange set of postings to my account for some flights taken over the last few weeks, for a MFU from WTP to CW.

Outbound DUS-LHR-DFW. Shorthaul posted as Ineligible Flight (C/U). Longhaul to DFW posted correctly with WTP miles, cabin bonus and TPs, shows (J/U).

Inbound SFO-LHR-DUS. Longhaul was op-up to F () and shows (F/T), but despite showing the correct original fare class T, not the upgrade bucket U, it still posted as 0, although it doesn't say Ineligible flight. Under the flight posting is another entry that just says "Flights 0". Shorthaul back to DUS also posted as 0, again without the ineligible entry, but the normal (C/U).

It really does seem that there is absolutely no logic as to what appears correctly and what does not!

Last edited by Airprox; Apr 3, 2011 at 7:55 am
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
I've had an interesting derivative of the MFU not posting bug. Flew LIN-LHR, LHR-HKG on an MFU from J to F. The long haul F leg posted correctly, but the short haul CE one was marked as ineligible. Guessing a quirk of the system - will take it up with BAEC on my return...
Frequently happens to us too.
LHR-IAD on MFU to J posts OK, the connecting JER-LGW on the same booking often doesn't.
Fixed with a single call to BAEC every time.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:15 am

Curiously, logged into my BAEC account today to find that the miles and tier points for my LIN-LHR sector have now been posted. Without me having to contact BAEC at all!

Miracle, or some behind the scenes work by a resident superstar I wonder....
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
This is a new one to me: missing miles and tier points on a J to F MFU have now posted as F miles and tier points. Now, who do I complain to about that ?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL
It's the inconsistency that is really annoying and hard to fathom. 4 sectors in the last 10 days, all paid T; two MFUs, one OPUP and one travelled as booked in W. One MFU posted correctly, the other MFU and the OPUP posted as 0/0 and the W/T was as expected, fine.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:45 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi all

Apologies in advance for the long post - as we are all friends here, I think I can be frank and honest in my post here on this topic.

I fully appreciate and understand your pain on the topic of BA Miles and Tier Points not posting automatically for bookings upgraded with BA Miles. In the nicest possibly way, it would be lovely not to receive so many PMs on the subject as it would mean everything is working as it should meaning less effort for our members and perhaps selfishly for me too!

This is something that I have been trying to fix for some time and we have had some success but not completely. From what I have found, the issues arise from the following:

- bookings made through offline channels i.e. not through ba.com
- any changes which are made to the booking after the booking has been uipgraded - this can range from date and time changes to purchasing a seat or changing a seat number or adding a meal

The problem is with the booking system as it renders the keyword we use to track unrecognisable. I continue on the quest for a solution but why am I telling you all the boring technical detail? Well I know you will want to help find a solution and also that you like to understand the background as the traveller with that little bit more knowledge.

So what can you do?

- it would really help if you could contact your local service centre directly to track any missing BA Miles and Tier Points - failing that please do PM me your details and I will intervene (although a plea again from me here to tell me who you are - I feel in tune with our members but guessing EC details and names is a skill I haven't mastered yet)

- if we have a handful of regular "MFUers" who would be happy for me to monitor their bookings so we can try and indentify the various problems so we can again look at a solution that would be really helpful - please let me know if you have had this issue in the past and have some forward bookings which you have upgraded or are about to upgrade

I hope this helps in some part, even if only to reassure you that your concerns haven't gone unheard or unnoticed! Any questions please do let me know

Best regards

Nicci
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:08 am

Thanks Nicci for a great open post. ^
Now, are you serious that people here send you PM's without their details, expecting you to be able to help them? For sure some simply forgot, but the rest: shockingly lazy.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanks, Nicci ... I'll be watching what happens on my next trip at the end of the month very closely, as that triggers Silver. If I get my usual 'issue' on uncredited TPs and Miles on the connecting sector, I'll drop you a PM. It's always been resolved with a call to BAEC ... it just shouldn't need me to do that!

And welcome back ^
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
- if we have a handful of regular "MFUers" who would be happy for me to monitor their bookings so we can try and indentify the various problems so we can again look at a solution that would be really helpful - please let me know if you have had this issue in the past and have some forward bookings which you have upgraded or are about to upgrade
Nicci, many thanks for your support to the board here. It does seem to be the post-booking MFUs (web or phone) that are particularly poor at posting and that is mostly what I do. I'd be happy to be a reviewee but don't have any coming up imminently - will PM details when I've got some live cases.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
MFU TPs not awarded correctly and missing miles form not working either

I'm well aware of the problems in getting miles and TPs for bookings involving MFUs properly calculated and indeed my flight back from TPA-LHR (via ORD) on 18th has just shown up as 0 and 0.

So I did the sensible thing of going to the claim missing miles form where, on entering my ticket number the submission status shows up as "claimed previously through British Airways" and clicking on this status shows "BA Miles and Tier Points (if applicable) have already been awarded as part of a previous claim". I haven't claimed and nor have the points and miles been awarded.

Grrr... looks like another call to exec club.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
par for the course!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by PaulN

Grrr... looks like another call to exec club.
Maybe two, last time I had to call them three times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.