Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What destinations for a sameday turnaround?

Old Feb 13, 2011, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold

I am searching for a TP run from LON airports to anywhere with a sameday turnaround to boost my balance.
All the places I have tried dramatically increase costwise if you don't include a Saturday overnight stay.
Are there any destinations that don't have this crippling cost associated with a non-saturday stay?
I am looking for around 200TP's -ish (and J class) for a cost effective sum...
I was looking toward the Middle East as many of these flights are over night turnarounds which would be great on my tight schedule, but these are well over 1000GBP.
Any suggestions?
dj
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't forget our little OneWorld friends, who don't have the Saturday night rule.

LHR/LGW-BUD-E Europe (eg SOF) can be done in one day for around 500 and 160 TPs on Malev.

Or MAN-LGW-BUD day trip should also yield 160 TPs, as the domestic MAN-LGW flight books into I class on the MA coded flight.

Simiraly, a MAN-LHR-HEL trip on AY will yield 200 TPs.

Or starting from LHR, you can LHR-ARN-HEL with AY for 160 TPs as a day trip for 700-800. Or LHR-HEL-xxx (eg LED) for around 800 for 200 TPs. Or even LHR-ARN-HEL-LED for 240 TPs.

Or if you have time for 2 day/overnight trips, something more exotic, like 2 trips to DME and back, one cheapie LHR-DME-LHR (using the return for the return leg of teh 2nd day trip) for 260 on BA (40 TPs) and DME-FRA-LHR for 700 on S7/BA (160 TPs), which will be 200 TPs for around 1000.

Last edited by Smirnoff; Feb 13, 2011 at 5:46 am
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
how about some sort of trip involving JER and AMS, could be booking as returns and upgraded through MMB as needed for cheaper than the normal CE fares

cs
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
LHR-CAI-LHR. You have to stay the night, but you could just stay awake and sleep on the plane on the way back. You will get 240TPs.

Out Saturday 26th Feb, back Sunday 27th Feb for GBP 1,102.20.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LGW-AMS-LGW-JER//JER-LGW-AMS-LGW - 240TPs in Club Europe, spread over a two weeks booking LGW-AMS-JER return on AA's Multi City tool.

You need to book two one way tickets - JER-LGW and LGW-JER - these can be Euro Traveller to add a further 20 TPs to your balance, or POUed to CE for 80 TPs.

This trip takes two days in total, but is cheaper than a Club World return (around 600 excluding the two one way positioning flights (not needed if you stop over in JER)).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.