Waiting time for broken IFE miles.

Old Feb 12, 2011, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Waiting time for broken IFE miles.

Hi all,

On my very first flight in CW, I seem to have gotten the full "package" with the broken IFE

Anyway, the form I filled out on board, said I would receive the miles within 14 days, and it's now been 25 days.

I've already been in touch with BA, after my e-mails bounced between Executive Club and Customer Relations a couple of times (both claimning that I should contact the other), and the latest reply is that "We will credit the miles to your account once we receiving the form you filled in onboard of our cabin crew".

So my question is if it is actually normal to wait for four weeks for these miles, even though it says "within 14 days" on the form? Or is there a chance that my form now is lost somewhere between the FA I gave it to, and the person in UK (or wherever) that should have recevied it?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I have never used an onboard form for miles... Always contacted Customer Relations after the event and the miles have always been credited rather quickly, most of the time they appear in my account before I have had a reply from Customer Relations...
Old Feb 12, 2011, 8:58 am

The exact same hing happened to us in January, filled the form out on the plane , didnt get the miles added to our accounts ,after 2 weeks rang customer relations , gave them the booking reference and points were added straight away, hope that helps
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
I've stopped complaining to customer services now as nothing ever happens apart from wasting my own time.
On the LON-BKK-LON routes I have learnt to expect either problems with IFE or none at all.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
It'll require a 'phone call. Sounds like the form never made it, once you're outside of the process it seems its hard to get anyone to take ownership. I had IFE miles credit before I got home once; the on-plane form does usually work.

With a phone call you should get a clear response there and then, or you'll need to write to whoever they advise.

Happily with BAEC, in my experience once, the agent has said something will happen it does (although 7 days can stretch to 14 on occasion).
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA (Gold)
I used the on-board form following a recent CW trip that had no IFE. It took about 4 weeks, after which I received an email apology and the promise of compensatory miles. When I checked my account these miles had already been posted. Suspect thay have quite a few of these things to process!

Regards,

PR
Old Feb 13, 2011, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by PorcoRosso
I used the on-board form following a recent CW trip that had no IFE. It took about 4 weeks, after which I received an email apology and the promise of compensatory miles.
Then I guess I should give it a few more days then. Thank you
Old Feb 13, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, bmi Silver, Amex Platinum
Filled in an online CR form a couple of days after a flight JFK-LHR which had broken IFE, and had a response and miles within 24 hours.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Didn't realise they still carried the forms on board.

I certainly wasn’t offered one on my recent LHR-HKG flight, but I just emailed Customer relations and all sorted.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
I don't think I've ever filled out a form on board.
I always let the FAs know the problem (see-saw, no IFE or no recline etc) and then write to BAEC (via the "contact us" email thing).

Mildly annoying that it always shows me some "FAQs" about route changes, or weather, or extra security or some thing completely stupid and asks "could these answers answer your query?" (there doesn't seem to be any programming code behind these questions) ..... Anyway, I digress......

I usually get a cut and paste response with some poor "reason" such as, "we're always trying to improve, but on some routes due to passenger load etc etc " (the AVOD doesn't work because of passenger load??!!!?) and they post some miles.
I am becoming increasingly concerned that I now seem to complain after virtually every LH return as at least one sector has something broken in CW, and I don't want to be marked as a "troublemaker" or "compensation whore". Maybe I just emit some electro-magnetic field so my AVOD is always one of the pair or block of 6 that seems to fail

Anyone have any ideas if this could lead to black marks against my name? (I think it already has as I've never had an op-up, ever)
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by clubman
Didn't realise they still carried the forms on board.

I certainly wasn’t offered one on my recent LHR-HKG flight, but I just emailed Customer relations and all sorted.
Same here. On my last CPT-LHR flight I even asked for one but the CSD said she would simply make a note in the log and I could claim online. Been about 4 weeks now... Maybe I should drop YF a line.

What was the standard comp for broken IFE in F again?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by clubman

Same here on the one occasion I submitted a comment. Took about a week or so to post some miles.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:29 am
Lux

Originally Posted by Sid James
I've stopped complaining to customer services now as nothing ever happens apart from wasting my own time.
On the LON-BKK-LON routes I have learnt to expect either problems with IFE or none at all.
You should try harder! I'm up to 50,000 miles + Ł100 in High Life vouchers this year, and that's without trying. I did, however, have to chase for them after completing various forms.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
I filled in an onboard form, which resulted in nothing. I registered online my claim, and received nothing. So eventually I contacted Nicci on here and it was resolved.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:00 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Flew on Friday and had no IFE - sent e-mail to CR on Sunday - miles in the account by following Tuesday.
I am Happy with that response.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.