Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

25% extra points when transferring from hotel partner [~£350 for 31,250 BA Miles]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% extra points when transferring from hotel partner [~£350 for 31,250 BA Miles]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 5:02 am
uk1
Suspended

Well, in deference to my normal ability to find something to c*ck-up that others avoid ....... I managed to transfer 20k (25k with bonus... ) from both my account and mrs uk1's account to BAEC .... but managed to switch our BAEC numbers the wrong way round ie I transferred her spg points to my baec account and vice versa.

We both have the same first initials you see .... and I should have checked but I'm a bloke and we never check do we.

I wonder whether the transfers will bounce.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:16 pm

Too late?

Hi, so I just stumbled on this while researching flights on ba.com. Daughter will most likely be traveling to IST from ORD next(2012) January. Want to make sure I am set up for the flights, both for her and myself.
Bottomline - am I too late to transfer SPG points to BA for this promotion? Is the date BA looks at for the bonus, the date they process the transfer or the date the transfer was initiated?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:53 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by CherylD
Bottomline - am I too late to transfer SPG points to BA for this promotion? Is the date BA looks at for the bonus, the date they process the transfer or the date the transfer was initiated?
Whilst I can't answer your question, I would say the transfer I did was pretty quick - inititated on the evening of 18 December on and appeared in my BA account on 21 December.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC gold (silver most of the time), ex-bmi (RIP) ex-silver, and a fistful of Amexes
... and a big thank you to the people charting the various Amex/Quidco deals...

Just one more data point, since people had been asking about timing:

SPG-
Earn +5000 12/02/2010 AIRLINE TRANSFER BONUS
Redeem -25004 12/02/2010 BRITISH AIRWAYS
Earn +1954 12/02/2010 SPG AX UK BASE SPEND

BAEC-
02-Dec-10 07-Dec-10 Hotels - STARWOOD POINTS TO MILES 0 25,004
STARWOOD POINTS TO MILES BONUS 0 6,251
... and a big thank you to the people who have been charting the progress of various Amex/Quidco introductory specials through the year-- I love it when promotional specials start stacking up on each other like this: Amex SPG intro bonus picks up 5k SPG transfer bonus picks up 25% bonus.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:25 am

Too Late?

Having just today made several SPG bookings for next year, i realise i have more than i need so if i am still definetly in time for this bonus then i may take it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.