Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

25% extra points when transferring from hotel partner [~£350 for 31,250 BA Miles]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% extra points when transferring from hotel partner [~£350 for 31,250 BA Miles]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2010, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I only have 24,000 Goldpoints and was thinking of just transferring them into BA miles. More just to get rid of them than for any great deal. They are pretty useless to me as I doubt if I will earn more and using them for a cash and points night is a total waste with the friends and family discount rate that's kicking about.
Not necessarily, as the F&F rate seems restricted to certain properties. C&P is OK, actually - I look at the Radisson Hamburg Airport this week, and it was €148 or €88 + 10k points (and not available on F&F). That's pretty good value per point compared to redeeming for miles.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
Not necessarily, as the F&F rate seems restricted to certain properties. C&P is OK, actually - I look at the Radisson Hamburg Airport this week, and it was €148 or €88 + 10k points (and not available on F&F). That's pretty good value per point compared to redeeming for miles.
Or something like The Radisson Blu in Jersey for 10,000 points + £66 for a standard room with inland views. Handy for tier point runs I suppose.
Saves £40ish on the normal price (checked a couple of others and 10-15,000 points seems to yield ~£40 off the normal price)
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by xenole
Or something like The Radisson Blu in Jersey for 10,000 points + £66 for a standard room with inland views. Handy for tier point runs I suppose.
Saves £40ish on the normal price (checked a couple of others and 10-15,000 points seems to yield ~£40 off the normal price)
The Radisson Blu in Jersey can be had for £66 a night using the friends and family rate which includes breakfast. Saves wasting 10,000 points.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
The Radisson Blu in Jersey can be had for £66 a night using the friends and family rate which includes breakfast. Saves wasting 10,000 points.
I'll remenber that when I do a tier point run.
Do you still get points for the F&F rate?
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by xenole
I'll remenber that when I do a tier point run.
Do you still get points for the F&F rate?
You wanting jam on it?

I didn't get any the last time I used it.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
Really happy about this as I have a lot of SPG points.

If I remember correctly you can only transfer 75k in any one year, is this still the case?

I also would like to know this answer.

Thanks

Tasnam
Old Dec 11, 2010, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
My 31,250 from SPG just posted

How many days total did it take?

Tasnam
Old Dec 11, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by tasnam
How many days total did it take?

Tasnam
My SPG transfer took 10 days. Not bad but I can remember it being a lot quicker in previous transfers from SPG to BA. I'm doing a sceond one so I'll see how long that takes.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
My SPG transfer took 10 days. Not bad but I can remember it being a lot quicker in previous transfers from SPG to BA. I'm doing a sceond one so I'll see how long that takes.
Thanks for the reply.

Also I know that one can only transfer 79,999 miles at a time.

But it is not limited to that amount PER YEAR correct?

If I wait 24+ hrs can I transfer another 60K?

Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
My SPG transfer posted in 3/4 days I was surprised it was so quick.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
If I remember correctly you can only transfer 75k in any one year, is this still the case?
No. I have transferred a lot more than that in a year. I don't think there's an annual limit, but there is a daily limit of 75K, at least if you're getting the 5K extra per 20K for transferring in blocks of 20K.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Etihad Gold, Westjet Gold, Virgin Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHGold, CCGold, IHGPlat and Ambass
Conversion date

Hi

I have signed my family up to SPG points but they aren't able to buy and convert point a until 30 December

Is the date of conversion from SPG the date BA refer to I.e. The 31st or is the date when the points hit BA?

Many thanks

James
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:12 am

Is there a link to this promo? - can't find it.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by erik123
Is there a link to this promo? - can't find it.
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Dec 22, 2010, 2:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by Rom Sac
Does anyone happen to know if this bonus is applicable to Marriott Rewards travel packages?
As nobody has been able to confirm the answer to this I have had a go.

I am pleased to confirm that Marriott Rewards Travel Packages do get the 25% bonus. I have just transferred 3 and got 360,000 miles plus 90,000 miles.

If anybody has enough Marriott points to do this the transfer takes only 48 hours so there is still plenty of time before 31 December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.